Premed 101 Forums

2008 CountDown Thread...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is everyone checking their emails?

I thought it's going to be on the UBC Med online system!!

Or am I wrong? lol. I wish tomorrow's the day. This thread is making me more nervous than anything else!

Usually, when you get a message in the UBC med online system, it sends you a notification email. Like how facebook emails you when someone sends you a facebook message ect.

Yeah, and for the notification email it'll probably say your status on the subject heading. I know for the interview notification the subject was either "interview granted" and "regrets, no interview" (not sure).So...I wager we should expect something like "Offer" or "Regrets" sometime next week in our inboxes.

omg i need to stop thinking about it

Hello everyone,

I've been reading your posts for a long time but have never replied to anything. I almost feel like I know you all and so here's my bit.

It's comforting to know that there are so many others that are just as anxious about Thursday.

I hope that all of you will only have good news to report on the big day.

Best of luck guys (and girls).

Oh boy...feeling so nervous right now. Can't believe this long wait is almost finally over. Does anyone know if acceptances get sent out first (10am to 12) then waitlists, then rejections, which seems to be the case last yea. If that's true I'd be logged on to email at 9AM and keep refreshing every 5 seconds.....

Oh boy...feeling so nervous right now. Can't believe this long wait is almost finally over. Does anyone know if acceptances get sent out first (10am to 12) then waitlists, then rejections, which seems to be the case last yea. If that's true I'd be logged on to email at 9AM and keep refreshing every 5 seconds.....

omg waitlists...i forgot they even existed.....in some ways that could be even more agonizing than getting rejected because you're caught between maybe having a chance and not having a chance and you really can't plan out what you're doing next year...anybody know how many they waitlist usually and how much movement there is?

For my year (2 years ago) that's what happened. I believed it was May 17th a Monday? I kept checking and checking in the morning and I think around 10:30 the screened change and I bursted into tears. I think after that the waitlisted people found out. Unfortunately they have to do this manually so the people that got rejected won't find out till later the afternoon... that might change this year though. Hope that helps.

For my year (2 years ago) that's what happened. I believed it was May 17th a Monday? I kept checking and checking in the morning and I think around 10:30 the screened change and I bursted into tears. I think after that the waitlisted people found out. Unfortunately they have to do this manually so the people that got rejected won't find out till later the afternoon... that might change this year though. Hope that helps.

so based on this information if you don't get an email/status change in the morning/early afternoon then you're probably waitlisted or rejected....

thanks for the heads up

I'm deciding which method is better

a) continuously checking since 10Am to get the news asap

b)waiting till 4PM or so to check so there definately will be a response, no matter what it is

I'm leaning towards b. What about you guys?

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know about the timing of my "journey" to acceptance into UBC med last year.

I was waitlisted last year on May 17th and was told I was accepted June 6th. So after the initial first round of people accept or deny their acceptance the waitlist seems to move pretty fast.

I know this is a stressful time for everyone out there waiting to hear. All I can say is that if it is meant to be it will happen for you. IF you don't get the news you want don't lose hope and do reapply! 15 years from now it won't matter if you got into the class of 2012 or 2013...or 14 for that matter it will just matter that you are doing something you love.

Good luck!

i think i'm just going to check neurotically from 9:50 am on lol

and glad to hear the waitlist does seem to move pretty fast. is everybody hear banking on ubc or are some of you also waiting from other schools like u of t or maybe have even heard from us schools already...

wow someone actually phoned in and asked which day specificially they'll release results? impressive

for those who don't have work on may15, get really drunk the night of may14, don't set your alarm clocks so you'll wake up in the noon of may15. that'll save you some nerve wrecking constant checking in the morning and so u'll get results immediatley after u wake up. if its an unfavorable reply, get drunk again and go back to sleep... if it's a favorable reply, get drunk with ur friends!

I'm deciding which method is better

a) continuously checking since 10Am to get the news asap

b)waiting till 4PM or so to check so there definately will be a response, no matter what it is

I'm leaning towards b. What about you guys?

I'm going to be at work, and I have decided to try option (B). Not sure that I can do it, but that's what I'm going to try to do. :P

I will also try not to look at this discussion board until I get my results.

Good luck, good luck, good luck.

oh just noticed you don't have phone access either....guess you're out of luck. you must be going to the middle of nowhere..

What about an internet cafe, library, pay phone...anything but a 5-day wait...

Goodluck...

7 days left...

I'll be serving Aboriginal kids up North and my cell phone doesn't work there. There will be a pay phone, I think, and I *might* be able to ask the local school if I can check my email using their dial-up internet....late on Thursday or Friday. I doubt I can keep asking them to check my email neurotically lol AND besides, by the time the page loads, I'd have died anyways. SO dying once is the way I am choosing to go.

i think i'm just going to check neurotically from 9:50 am on lol

and glad to hear the waitlist does seem to move pretty fast. is everybody hear banking on ubc or are some of you also waiting from other schools like u of t or maybe have even heard from us schools already...

I'm happy to have had an acceptance from a U.S. school already but UBC is my absolute top choice of all the schools I applied to. If I get into UBC, I'm withdrawing from all other schools and going to be matriculating there.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WHO REALLY WANT UBC!!!

Archived