Premed 101 Forums

2008 CountDown Thread...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with woolywooly and BCboy on this one- May 16th! May 17th was last year's date, the admissions person who has to send the mass email this year isn't gonna do it on a saturday... They are gonna do it friday afternoon and then take off and not answer their phone and hope the 350 people who didn't get in cool down and don't bother calling monday morning...

just called the admissions office (for the wimps who couldn't :cool: ) and I was told what day the offers will be made... :D

May 15th... all offers come out that day...

Nice work Pedro! ;)

Now that we know the date, what do we talk about to keep ourselves busy for the next 8 days?

haha thanks so much for calling. i think we're informed via email/oas right? not snail mail.

things to talk about:

housing

funding your education...

first thing you're doing to do if you get in

how you are personally going to celebrate

summer plans

back up plans assuming you don't get in

i don't know...just throwing things out there because i'm bored and i still have two finals to go...*sigh*

First thing I'll do if I DON'T get in is cry because I'm SO sure that is what I want to do. Then I'll take four months to bike from paris to bangkok in the fall.

First thing I'll do if I GET IN is have a panick attack because I'm NOT sure that this is what I want to do. Then I'll go to the bank and get a line of credit and get some student loans.

i don't know...just throwing things out there because i'm bored and i still have two finals to go...*sigh*

You still have finals jsmooth? that's nuts!!

but ya, if I DO get in, I'm going to hop on a plane and head to hawaii :P

if I do NOT get in, I'm going to find a job and start saving up some cash...then reapply i guess.. or ... apply for meds down south?

You still have finals jsmooth? that's nuts!!

but ya, if I DO get in, I'm going to hop on a plane and head to hawaii :P

if I do NOT get in, I'm going to find a job and start saving up some cash...then reapply i guess.. or ... apply for meds down south?

by down south, do you mean the Caribbean or the US or perhaps both?

are you guys working on the 15th?

is anyone planning to take the day off?

i'm supposed to work in the afternoon, but i dont think i'd be too productive...if i do end up working, i'll have to avoid checking my email till around 6pm...which is gonna be hard :eek:

are you guys working on the 15th?

is anyone planning to take the day off?

i'm supposed to work in the afternoon, but i dont think i'd be too productive...if i do end up working, i'll have to avoid checking my email till around 6pm...which is gonna be hard :eek:

I'll be working. Being at work will help ground me, no matter what the result is. If the news is bad, then I can just focus on other tasks for the day. :)

Good luck everyone.

I'm at work Thursday, but with continual email access. Methinks there won't be much productivity that day...

Thursday evening I am going to the bar, regardless of what happens. Once decisions are out, I'll post where I'm going be so people can come celebrate / commiserate if they want to!

u guys are making me anxious!! :eek:

i say we all meet at mahoney's on campus if we get in and vent out all that anxiety we have been accumulating for years... after all we will (hopefully!) all be classmates in Aug!!

*cross-fingers*knock-on-wood*cough-cough*

Archived