Premed 101 Forums

Ireland thread

Guest Jimbo

Guest Thewonderer

To Ray,

If you live in Canada your whole life and graduate from highschool there, then there should not be any problem for you to go down to the states for college and then apply to med schools in Canada. However, the "fine" details are school-dependent. UBC med for instance has a set of clauses (you can find it on their admissions web-site), and one of which is if you graduate from highschool, then you are considered in-province (if I remember correctly, you would be in-province too if you graduate college in BC as well). The best way is to call the schools up and they will be happy to answer your question.

You should not be at an disadvantage when you come applying to Canadian med school from an US undergrad. However, when you talk to your college friends in the US, they might give you a blank when you mention you are applying to McGill or MacMaster med.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MindsWill

congratulations jimbo. i too have applied to the UCD, haven't heard from them yet, as my application was submitted late [long story].

i am pretty sure that there will be many canadians at that school, which is quite a relief considering a totally foreign country.

so far, how did u find the ucd pple? pretty humble and considerate?

anyway, do get in touch, my email is mindswill@yahoo.com

would love to hear from you or anyone else for that matter who has applied to ucd or is going there this fall.

• 7 months later...
Guest DMacLach

Hi, I'm graduating from Acadia this May and I'm applying to Trinity, UCD, and RCSI. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the acceptance rates for Canadian students. For those of you who got in, congratulations and I was wondering what kind of gpa, hospital experience, and things like that you had.

Thanks

Archived