Premed 101 Forums

Defining Competitive for Int. Applicants

Hi All,

I'm new to these forums. I'm sorry if this is a redundant question, I am thinking about US applications but am wondering if there is a database similar to MDapplicants, that shows the stats of Canadians entering US schools?

I want to get a sense of what the "competitive" stats for a canadian are as compared to the US resident MSAR published averages; (as I think that canadians would have to be exceed the averages)

Thanks!

Check the 'borderline' thread in this section - there is a link to the stats in this thread. In general, a 33+ MCAT places you in a competitive spot from what I've heard from the admission com. members. A 30 might get you an interview at the private schools if your gpa is above average - i.e. 3.7 - 4.0.

Thanks for the reply! It answers my question partially. I'm still wondering if people with those stats: 3.7-3.8, 33 + MCAT entered into 1st/2nd/3rd tier schools, and how their stats matched into the schools average. I guess there's no way to tell where those matriculants were accepted.

Archived