Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

I actually got an email from them, but it didn't contain any text other than my initial email and the signature they normally put at the end of their correspondence...

My best guess would be that they're just replying to the emails and copying/pasting the message, and i'd bet money that they're sending out a whole lot of them and accidentally forgot to hit CTRL+V in your message. I'm sure it was meant to be the exact same as all the others.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Save the self-righteous post for another thread. We're aggravated for rather reasonable reasons, and have every right to be upset and express our annoyance.

I'm not denying you the right to be upset - I'm upset too, but calling people incompetent when none of us fully understand the situation is IMHO not the best way to vent frustration. Go to the gym and run a mile instead!

Guest begaster

Thank you for your suggestions, but *****ing seems to be working fine for me when it comes to venting. And this is incompetence, pure and simple. I haven't the foggiest clue why there's a breakdown, but it's rather irrelevant. It needs to be fixed ASAP. Emails are working right now - they should be resending them as we speak. I don't care if they have to do it manually, it's about time we get an answer, hopefully before the long weekend.

My best guess would be that they're just replying to the emails and copying/pasting the message, and i'd bet money that they're sending out a whole lot of them and accidentally forgot to hit CTRL+V in your message. I'm sure it was meant to be the exact same as all the others.

Yeah, probably pretty accurate.

I wonder why they don't just send us our status in the response email? Is there some rule that it has to be that one, sacred email? That's silly. When they told me yesterday to email them if I hadn't heard, I assumed the response I would get back would have been a re-send of my original email. I'd rather they not waste their time replying to all the individual "we didn't get our result" emails and just resend the things.

This is VERY frustrating.

Thank you for your suggestions, but *****ing seems to be working fine for me when it comes to venting. And this is incompetence, pure and simple. I haven't the foggiest clue why there's a breakdown, but it's rather irrelevant. It needs to be fixed ASAP. Emails are working right now - they should be resending them as we speak. I don't care if they have to do it manually, it's about time we get an answer, hopefully before the long weekend.

Let's not get testy towards each other or else they will win...

And to add: remember how SWOMEN people got that email a couple of days ago (which was unorthodox), perhaps there is some sort of link between the two incidences...?

Hi everybody

I just walked over to the Admissions office as I felt this may be more effective than writing an email or calling.

I first asked whether they were aware there's a problem, and they said yes, and confirmed what others have written about the IT issue.

The lady explained to me that the problem is with the receiving servers, meaning our individual email servers. I personally don't understand this point, as I haven't had any trouble receiving any other email in the past 30 hours, but I'm no computer scientist, so there's obviously something I'm not understanding.

The IT people are still working on this issue, and the Admissions office is currently waiting to hear back from them.

I asked whether they've considered re-sending the emails, and they said they MAY do that, but that before they do that they need to figure out what the problem is, or else they'd just be in the same boat as now. I don't necessarily agree with this (though I'm getting rather impatient by this point), but I didn't want to push the issue any more. (I can't imagine the barrage of emails and calls they've been subjected to so far today!)

The woman did, though, inform me that apparently some people have received their emails. This surprised me!! Has anyone here received an email!?!?!??!

I hope this info helps a bit.....

I hate this process.

Good luck again to everyone.

Couch

Hi everybody

I just walked over to the Admissions office as I felt this may be more effective than writing an email or calling.

I first asked whether they were aware there's a problem, and they said yes, and confirmed what others have written about the IT issue.

The lady explained to me that the problem is with the receiving servers, meaning our individual email servers. I personally don't understand this point, as I haven't had any trouble receiving any other email in the past 30 hours, but I'm no computer scientist, so there's obviously something I'm not understanding.

The IT people are still working on this issue, and the Admissions office is currently waiting to hear back from them.

I asked whether they've considered re-sending the emails, and they said they MAY do that, but that before they do that they need to figure out what the problem is, or else they'd just be in the same boat as now. I don't necessarily agree with this (though I'm getting rather impatient by this point), but I didn't want to push the issue any more. (I can't imagine the barrage of emails and calls they've been subjected to so far today!)

The woman did, though, inform me that apparently some people have received their emails. This surprised me!! Has anyone here received an email!?!?!??!

I hate this process.

Couch

why didn't you ask about your status when you were there ??? :confused:

ahhhh

haha........didn't think of it?

actually i thought of it but she kept talking and i was focused on what she was saying and then forgot to ask by the time it was my turn to speak again.

I figured she wouldn't tell me anyway.... isn't there a strict policy agains tthat kind of thing?

ahhhh

haha........didn't think of it?

actually i thought of it but she kept talking and i was focused on what she was saying and then forgot to ask by the time it was my turn to speak again.

I figured she wouldn't tell me anyway.... isn't there a strict policy agains tthat kind of thing?

lol i think i'm just gonna go and ask... i can't take this anymore

Thanks for the update, Couch.

There being a problem with our servers makes zero sense to me, since we are all probably using a variety of different ones... why would they all crap out on us at the same time? Plus, the emails they are sending today to reply to us are coming through just fine. Why, oh why, didn't they just send us our original emails in those?

I don't know if they will tell you your status in person any more than over the phone. I definitely asked yesterday, ...and no.

Hi everybody

I hate this process.

Couch

Thanks very much for this - at least we now know the general status of the situation.

I just emailed them back and politely suggested that re-sending the emails would likely work (as both their server sending the emails and mine receiving their last email are apparently working fine at the current moment) and help reduce the anxiety of their applicants. Hopefully they will do this by the end of today, since it seems pretty clear that there was an issue somewhere that caused the emails to not be sent (on their end most likely, as we are all using a variety of servers for our email addresses, while theirs is the common source of the email and the only constant here).

Man, if someone actually does walk over there, please try to convince them that the problem has got to be on their end... tell them that none of us here (a sizable number, I'd say) have gotten an email, and we are all on different servers, and yet we have received their replies today just fine... I mean, if they just RE-SEND, it could solve the problem.

I simply can't comprehend why they don't just try that. What harm could it possibly do?

And I keep thinking, after all this torture, it will probably just be a nice, anticlimatic and depressing "waitlist". Ugh. Feeling cynical.

Archived