Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wild guestimate because I'm very very bored

here is how I did it

147 offers sent out on may 15 for 470 interviewees.

147/470 = 31.3%

last year ~ 85 swomen intervieweed and ~ 61 offers sent out

So lets say that 47 offers sent out on may 15 for SWOMEN, then 10 for non-swomen. so 100/385 25-26 %

Hmm, are swomen THAT much of a better fit for UWO than us non-swomen people? Or is there something going on? I guess I can't change who I am--a non-swomen for life...ahaha....

No .. but its just easier for them to make a decision based on the high school you came from as opposed to evaluate your potential devotion to rural medicine.

wild guestimate because I'm very very bored

here is how I did it

147 offers sent out on may 15 for 470 interviewees.

147/470 = 31.3%

last year ~ 85 swomen intervieweed and ~ 61 offers sent out

So lets say that 47 offers sent out on may 15 for SWOMEN, then 10 for non-swomen. so 100/385 25-26 %

I should just remind you guys that a lot of people who get accepted to UWO on May 15th are accepted to other schools as well, so if you don't get in on the 15th, don't give up hope... the waitlist DOES move lol.

Don't quote me on this either, but I thought I remembered checking at lunch time last year and having a waitlist email in my email at that time (12-1230ish?). And if ya check out the accepted/waitlisted thread that is stickied, the first post of someone saying they were accepted last year was 9:02 AM, so maybe you should furiously hit refresh all morning! (i know i probably will, haha)

(and sorry to quote your message medwannabe08, hah)

Don't quote me on this, but my friend last year did not receive his notification until ~3PM on May 15th.

Soooo furiously clicking refresh on the morning of May 15th might be for naught.

Well, last year the email was titled "Schulich Medicine Waitlist", and it started like...

"Thank you for your interest in our program and the effort you have put forth in making an application to first year medicine at the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario.

On behalf of the Medicine Admissions Committee, I regret to inform you that you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time. It was recommended, however, that your name be placed on our Wait List. This means that any offer not accepted will be replaced by individuals from the Wait List. "

It then explains how if you are still interested in being on the waitlist, to contact them by a certain date and give them phone numbers to reach you at to inform you. So, you will probably be able to tell by the email heading, although that is subject to change, so make sure you open the email before hyperreacting!

Chances are you'll be able to tell before you even open the email. For me last year, the subject line read something like "Good news from Schulich School of Medicine...".

Best of luck everyone! :)

Edit: I guess I took too long as well... ;)

About constantly hitting refresh on your inbox.... I plan on just signing into msn messenger (for the first time in like, 3 years) because IIRC it gives you a little popup message when you receive an email. Of course, this only works if the schools are using your hotmail account to communicate with you.

Archived