Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're put up an automated message saying their office is closed and it should come by tomorrow morning! But if it doesn't to email them (I think this info already has been said, but confirming!). Their office is closed though now due to convocation!

****. Well, I think I'm officially giving up on the inbox refreshing at this point and actually going out to do something... cause I really think they screwed up and just aren't aware/ admitting it.

Now ..off to the post office to badger them to see if there is any way I can make the snail mail come faster/ go somewhere to pick it up.

So I guess we won't hear back until Tuesday now??

Theoretically, if what they say is true and the server's slow, we should get it tonight or tomorrow AM?

I need to get out of this house and eat something...I will be back to stalk the forum/my inbox soon!!!!!

Does anyone know anybody who is an IT/ computer expert who could tell us if there is realistically a chance that these emails will still arrive... or should we count on the server having failed at this point?

...Cause I really, really don't want to be up all night checking my inbox.

Does anyone know anybody who is an IT/ computer expert who could tell us if there is realistically a chance that these emails will still arrive... or should we count on the server having failed at this point?

...Cause I really, really don't want to be up all night checking my inbox.

As other people have echoed, sending an "email" is not a very computer intensive task. The Premed101 forums makes a LOT more demands on the server.

Likely, it's not because the server is slow, but because their mail server software has failed. Thus, your emails aren't slowly traveling through cyberspace. Whether or not we hear back will depend on if they fix their system today and try resending out the 400 or so emails (ps: some spammers send out millions upon millions of emails a day and they aren't using fancy computers)

Guest begaster
I'm about to rip my hair out. Like others in this thread, I was waitlisted at the other schools I had interviews at. I just want the misery to end!

Yup.

This has been an absolutely terrible day.

hey gang.. sorry to hear about the technical holdup on the emails! In another life I'm a computer systems engineer, and from what I read (them saying they sent it out, and no bounced messages) it's likely to be caught up in cyberspace somewhere with a downed or incorrectly configured server. Emails are generally held for a 48 hour period in the "outbox" of outbound mail servers, and as soon as the holdup is cleared, they will pass. That said, unless their IT folks are aware of this issue, it's not likely to self-resolve unfortunately.

Anyone from UWO able to send out emails from their UWO accounts to gmail or other external addresses? If you can, it's probably the admissions office's email server problem (someone forgot to hit "send and receive"???) or they just aren't ready to send it out at the moment.

Hopefully that helps with the wait? Good luck all =)

hey gang.. sorry to hear about the technical holdup on the emails! In another life I'm a computer systems engineer, and from what I read (them saying they sent it out, and no bounced messages) it's likely to be caught up in cyberspace somewhere with a downed or incorrectly configured server. Emails are generally held for a 48 hour period in the "outbox" of outbound mail servers, and as soon as the holdup is cleared, they will pass. That said, unless their IT folks are aware of this issue, it's not likely to self-resolve unfortunately.

Anyone from UWO able to send out emails from their UWO accounts to gmail or other external addresses? If you can, it's probably the admissions office's email server problem (someone forgot to hit "send and receive"???) or they just aren't ready to send it out at the moment.

Hopefully that helps with the wait? Good luck all =)

well i got mail from someone within my faculty... so its not the entire UWO server i guess

Man same here - just wanna go apes*it. Waitlisted at Queen's and just banking on what always was my best and now, only, shot. They said somethign about it clearing their server..is that of any significance? She said something about its up to our server dumping mail into our box

Archived