Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest begaster
Yeah, I've given up hoping to get any news that I was supposed to get. I'm gonna just focus on my experiments and not mess it up tomorrow. And then go home and work on my grad applications on the weekend. *Sighs*

There are still places you can apply to? Mind sharing where? I have no plan B whatsoever.

UWO seriously needs to get their act together on this, asap. Its very unfair to the applicants.

I don't give a rat's a** if they have convocation tomorrow. Someone needs to go into the office and re-send the emails. How hard can that be? It would probably take 10 minutes. My biggest concern now is that they don't even know there is a problem.

There are still places you can apply to? Mind sharing where? I have no plan B whatsoever.

I think most thesis-based masters are still open.

Blah, this is just wonderful timing....wonderful, splendid.

And oh yeah, everytime you guys feel horrible for not knowing your status at UWO, think about me and maybe you'll feel better. I didn't hear back from either Queens OR UWO. Queens, I'm pretty sure it's rejection, but until I get that e-mail, I can't kill off that damn bit of hope yet. See, that's gotta be worse....

And in a positive note....(yeah I know...I'm rolling my own eyes), if we really want it, what is one, two, three, or even four more days? We've already waited so long....You know, the longer the wait, the more agonizing/hard it is to get in, the sweeter it will be when you get that acceptance.(*in a smaller voice* And the more agonizing the rejection will be too..)

hey guys,

i'm currently a student here at schulich. sorry to hear about the craziness with the email servers, but be patient. uwo admissions would never purposely do something like this. last year, a similar problem happened at ubc.

as for the snail mail, last year, my actual package came 2 days after the email via expresspost. so, i guess the earliest would be next tuesday.

uwo's a fantastic school! i absolutely LOVE it here. we have amazing school spirit, and the faculty, staff, and other students are just incredible (as i'm sure most of you noticed during interview weekend).

anyway, best of luck to all of you! and hopefully, i'll see most of you at o-week! :)

Guest begaster
Begaster, you read my mind. My friends are coming over in 10 minutes to do such a thing.

Friends, ha ha. This is a solitary depression, psych girl. I'd hate to be around my friends right now, listening to their bull**** "everything's going to be okay!" routine. Bleh. Drinking alone like an alcoholic for the win. :P

I just finished my 3/4 full bottle of wine. I'm fairly sloshed.

Archived