Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody else refreshing every other minute?

I wouldn't bother. I think UWO screwed up and just aren't admitting it. Those original emails aren't coming, I'd put money on it. Our only hope is that they realize this problem and re-send them all this afternoon when their message apparently says they will be in the office. So, furiously refresh starting after lunch!

This is what I have to look forward to next year eh.... at least living in London I should get mail quick...

The UWO e-mail system is a little wacky at times...

you can go to wireless.uwo.ca to make sure their servers are all working fine....

at 11 am yesterday this was put on the system health status

"May 15 10:59

There was a short network interruption that may have affected mail, western directory logins."

and it was fixed but maybe the emails didn't get sent?

Best of luck to all of you....

This is what I have to look forward to next year eh.... at least living in London I should get mail quick...

The UWO e-mail system is a little wacky at times...

you can go to wireless.uwo.ca to make sure their servers are all working fine....

at 11 am yesterday this was put on the system health status

"May 15 10:59

There was a short network interruption that may have affected mail, western directory logins."

and it was fixed but maybe the emails didn't get sent?

Best of luck to all of you....

Thats really good to know - thanks very much for posting that.

So expresspost from London to GTA is one day only?

Would everybody (accepted/waitlisted/rejected) get something through expresspost or just the accepted people (and everyone else would get theirs by standard mail)?

EDIT: I checked the canadapost website. From London to Markham (my house), it's 1 day.

haha no problem...

I didn't apply this year and am intensely reading everyones posts...

I'm going to be a nervous wreck next year, granted I get an interview or two lol

Haha - yeah, this has been an adventure for us for sure... This was my only interview and on top of that I had a big family get together yesterday (not for this) and was getting asked by everyone about whether or not I had heard. When the forum went down yesterday, I was in the dark about what was going on until about 4pm while I was refreshing my inbox on my cell phone about every 10-15 mins. Was a long day.

Oh well, fingers crossed, and good luck when you apply for next year.

So expresspost from London to GTA is one day only?

Would everybody (accepted/waitlisted/rejected) get something through expresspost or just the accepted people (and everyone else would get theirs by standard mail)?

No, only the individuals with offers of admission will be recieving anything in the mail.

I just sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they'll get everything sorted out this afternoon.

EDIT: Ok so my e-mail didn't go through to them, isn't the address admissions@schulich.uwo.ca ??

its....

admissions.medicine@schulich.uwo.ca

and to you daryn...don't quote me on it... anyways...i guess its "next day to 2 days"...

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/pg/prices/CPcanada-e.asp#1391876

Why does UWO send by expresspost? I'm assuming they thought the emails would work, so there isn't a huge urgency to let applicants know their status quickly by letter. And the rest of the application process takes about 7 months, so I'm confused why the letter needs to get there in 1 day as opposed to 2-3 days by regular mail.

Man, I am heading out to a bachelor party and was hoping to add to the celebration, or drown my sorrows in copious booze, this was my only interview and I just want to know, even if it is a quick and rapid death of my dreams... AAARRRRGGGHHHH Can someone in London please break into the admissions office and end this crazy drama? If this goes on all weekend, I for one will have a nervous breakdown and not be able to attend even if I get in.

**** SIGH **** Why is this such a gut wrenching process? No other professional school requires this much blood and sweat, and then keeps you hanging. It's almost sadistic, the leather/chain/whip lovers would enjoy this. Personally I think it's shortening my life by a month or so every hour, I can feel my heart aging.

Archived