Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

My two cents in this depressing thread about the waitlisted vs rejected debate.

Being waitlisted is being in that abusive relationship with a total b!tchy girl who you are with because she is really hot. You want to end it, but she's hot, so you stick it out, but you want and know that ending it is for the best. You just can't bring yourself to doing it.

Can't say I've been in that situation before... but okay....

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest begaster
My two cents in this depressing thread about the waitlisted vs rejected debate.

Being waitlisted is being in that abusive relationship with a total b!tchy girl who you are with because she is really hot. You want to end it, but she's hot, so you stick it out, but you want and know that ending it is for the best. You just can't bring yourself to doing it.

So much WIN!

Ha you guys, of course we're being too pessimistic. For all I could know, maybe they could've messed up the e-mail and there's a Queens acceptance AND a UWO waiting for me. Begaster, you could be #1 on the UT waitlist right now. And superking, you could be getting your UWO acceptance tomorrow. Same with worriedandwaiting, Alastriss, and everyone else I missed because I'm just basing it on the last few posters.

Then there's the OTHER side. I'm sure I don't need to paint you a picture of a dark room where you're sitting in a stool....alone...with your head drooped and the doors closed....(harhar...just joking....perhaps half joking....)....

So let's make a compromise. We'll shift slightlyyyy towards the more optimistic/neutral aka just wait it out and pretend to be numb about all of this until at least UWO sends it out.

don't bother staying up tonight. 99% sure no news will be delivered tonight.

lol, it's so funny cuz I always thought UWO do mails only so I wasn't even checking my email for UWO today. That is, until I read this thread and fixed my finger permanently on the refresh button for my email

Guest begaster

I have an email notifier by Gmail, so I'm not really refreshing. Every time I get an email, though, I jump.

I can't be optimistic, Lost. It just brings more crushing failure pain.

in all 22 pages no1 has posted of anything of the sort TeeOz....

on another note, i like the speculation game of when they will prolly send out the emails? Something tells me the administration will get so many phone calls and someone will tell Darla or someone (lol) "Go send them again" tomorrow,,,during convocation.

in all 22 pages no1 has posted of anything of the sort TeeOz....

on another note, i like the speculation game of when they will prolly send out the emails? Something tells me the administration will get so many phone calls and someone will tell Darla or someone (lol) "Go send them again" tomorrow,,,during convocation.

well in their message they said "if you don't recieve word by friday afternoon send us an emaill...."

So unless they want to be flooded by 500 emails (and several phonecalls) they better get them out tommorrow morining!

well in their message they said "if you don't recieve word by friday afternoon send us an emaill...."

So unless they want to be flooded by 500 emails (and several phonecalls) they better get them out tommorrow morining!

Haha. Friday afternoon...meaning the office will be closed by then for the long weekend.

I am PUMPED.....I thought things over and got over my rejection and now I'm ready for anything again. Med school, if you love me, I'm certainly ready for it. If not, graduate school, here I come for 2 years, and I will apply again. I refuse to let this knock me down.....If I wasn't good enough this round, 2 years WILL do the trick. I know I will probably have times when I back down and feel despair, but whatever, I have to at least start with believing myself, right? *deep breath*

Good luck everyone!

I am PUMPED.....I thought things over and got over my rejection and now I'm ready for anything again. Med school, if you love me, I'm certainly ready for it. If not, graduate school, here I come for 2 years, and I will apply again. I refuse to let this knock me down.....If I wasn't good enough this round, 2 years WILL do the trick. I know I will probably have times when I back down and feel despair, but whatever, I have to at least start with believing myself, right? *deep breath*

Good luck everyone!

Way to go! It will happen in time if we work towards it. I remember last year, it was a tough grind after not getting in, but you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back to working hard towards your dreams!

Archived