Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest begaster

What's that? Like a whole 3/4 of a cup total? I just downed 3/4 a bottle of wine. But it's the first time all day that I'm smiling!

Yeah 3/4 of a cup. I can't help it....the wine was all gone. I hate beer, and that's the only thing left.

At least you weren't rejected. I stalked old threads, and I'm pretty much certain I got rejected. So that's some good news for Queens waitlistees. I guess either I'm the only one who cares to post my misery here or....I'm the shame of premed101. Either way, good news for you guys.

Dude I dont think you got rejected. I had an abysmal interview and I got Waitlisted, and I am not one of those "OMGOSH I screwed up in undergrad I only have a 3.97 GPA" kind of people. Just chill out..have a jaeger bomb on my behalf and chill. If there's anything I learned, a strong will makes a way.

Naw, I mean, come on..why would they make a "mistake" and forget to e-mail me? It's kinda...a VERY VERY long stretch. If you look at old threads, that's the protocol: waitlistees and acceptances get e-mails, rejectees get letter mail only.

I don't want to call anymore. I have to waste money on a phone card and sneak out of the lab AGAIN. I already did enough of that today. I think I can handle waiting for the letter mail. If it's a miracle, that'll be great. Otherwise, I'm finally ready to face it.

Guest begaster
Yeah 3/4 of a cup. I can't help it....the wine was all gone. I hate beer, and that's the only thing left.

At least you weren't rejected. I stalked old threads, and I'm pretty much certain I got rejected. So that's some good news for Queens waitlistees. I guess either I'm the only one who cares to post my misery here or....I'm the shame of premed101. Either way, good news for you guys.

Trust me. This is worse. I still won't get in, but now I'll have the hope of doing so for the next two months. At least a rejection is closure. If I had pure rejections, I could call Kelly up (a friend of mine) and tell her that I'll totally rent a place with her next year. Now when I call her up, I need to tell her "maybe, I dunno." Obnoxious. And, in the end, I still won't be in med school. ****.

Naw, I mean, come on..why would they make a "mistake" and forget to e-mail me? It's kinda...a VERY VERY long stretch. If you look at old threads, that's the protocol: waitlistees and acceptances get e-mails, rejectees get letter mail only.

I don't want to call anymore. I have to waste money on a phone card and sneak out of the lab AGAIN. I already did enough of that today. I think I can handle waiting for the letter mail. If it's a miracle, that'll be great. Otherwise, I'm finally ready to face it.

but I was pretty confident they dont reject people??

If I get rejected at UWO as well, I think I'm seriously gonna lose faith in this whole process. I mean, sure, I messed up at Queens, I suppose I deserve it. But I don't think I can do that much better at interviews in 2 years. How much more can I improve? Queens hurts because it's not about my MCAT, not about my grades, but about me...they did not like me. What makes me think they'll like "me" in 2 years? And superking25, I feel you....I used to be hopeful for UWO, but my faith is dropping drastically....if Queens doesn't like "me", there's a good chance UWO won't either.

I know I used to ***** about how not knowing your position is not nice and everything, but trust me....at least you feel that you're not at the bottom of the heap. That feeling isn't very nice either....but I guess it is a fast death.

Guest begaster

Yeah, that really is what sucks about Queen's. They just thought I was an *******. :(

My UWO was a trainwreck. My odds of getting into there are about 1/10000000000000000000000. I might be missing a few zeroes there. I, for the life of me, can't understand what I did wrong in the UT interview, though. That one felt phenomenal. To get rejected hurts so badly.

Lost, we should open our own medical school. With blackjack. And strippers. Forget the blackjack.

I know I used to ***** about how not knowing your position is not nice and everything, but trust me....at least you feel that you're not at the bottom of the heap. That feeling isn't very nice either....but I guess it is a fast death.

Yeah, that's why the NOSM rejection helps me feel like a bottom of the heap.

My two cents in this depressing thread about the waitlisted vs rejected debate.

Being waitlisted is being in that abusive relationship with a total b!tchy girl who you are with because she is really hot. You want to end it, but she's hot, so you stick it out, but you want and know that ending it is for the best. You just can't bring yourself to doing it.

Archived