Premed 101 Forums

Official countdown thread

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, while premed101 was down I was frantically looking for answers for what is happenning with UWO and I posted on SDN (another site similar to premed101) and got this reply from another user:

"Hi everyone, premed101 hasnt been working for me either. I am still waiting to hear from UWO and UBC so hopefully something good will be one its ways soon!

Regarding western, i called the admissions office to check what the problem is. The lady told me that they emailed all of the acceptances, rejections, waitlist letters out together in the morning. However, due to the very large number of emails, its taking really long. She said to keep checking your email (as well as junk box) as it could show up at any time today.

However, if you do not hear back by tomorrow, she said to send the admissions department an email with your info and student number and they will get back to you. But, since they have convocation, they will not be checkin the emails tomorrow so the earliest you can hear back from them would be after the long weekend on Tuesday.

Lets hope the emails make their way to our mailbox so none of us have to go through such torture!"

Now I have to sit by my computer till the e-mail comes! I wonder why the e-mails are taking so loong if they're already sent? Anyuone else have different information?

I also called the office and got the same info as New001. WHY is it taking so long, this is complete agony!

Anyone know if there is a way to "prioritize" a certain address to make it arrive faster? Ugh. I am so sick of sitting by my computer...

ETA: Oh, and I was told that all the emails had cleared their server (ie. none had come back as undelivered) and that they should arrive no later than tomorrow morning. Dear god, I will be up all night if that's the case.

Guys this site has been busy. Keep calling because when I called they said tha hey were sent out and they were fine on their end. Wait whoa - i just read the previous few pages. It seems like we might be toughing it out for a while. I kinda don't mind it (in a twisted way)- the last thing this happened with my MCATs the news was quite good.

Well it seems that they also send out rejections - guess that answers our other question

Archived