Premed 101 Forums

Question

Guest MarkMed

Guest MarkMed

How are you guys paying for Med Schools away, particularly in Ireland or the Carrib. Also, why are you trying to get into those schools, not accepted into the Canadian ones? What are the job ops and money like if staying away from Canada?

Thanks guys!

Mark

Guest Badkarma25

hey there,

personally, if i get into an irish or carribean school, i'll be paying with a combination of family help and student loans/lines of credit. as for why i'm trying to get into these schools, i am NOT like some of the people on this board with 3.7 gpa...that astounds me...if i had marks near that range i would break my ass trying to get into canada or the u.s. i'm trying for overseas because frankly, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that i'd get into a canadian school...i would love nothing more than to be able to, but that's not a reality. such is life! my intent is not to stay away from canada entirely, but if they don't give me the opportunity to practice here then i'll settle wherever i do get the chance...gotta go with the flow...i love canada and it's my home but it's assbackwards in a lot of ways.

Archived