Premed 101 Forums

after getting the acceptance yesterday, I am feeling a little worried because on the offer form it says that if you don't complete your courses that you took during the application year in a satisfactory manner, your offer can be reviewed and rescinded. It states that if your average is below 5 percent of your overall calculated at time of application, then they reserve the right to do so.

I took two courses just for interest last year as an unclassified student and my average of those two courses was 7 percent lower than my overall average.

Does anyone know how they will deal with this?

I don't know exactly how they deal with it. But if you think about it, whether your offer is rescinded or not after review (that is, if they really do one) would seem to depend more on the actual numerical value rather than the difference (5%). Rescinding an offer because a student drops from 96% to 91% is obviously absurd. If you dropped from 80% to 75%, that might be more problematic. But then again I don't know anything official.

Hope this helps

Just called in and checked. It is a comparison of overall averages calculated at time of application and overall average after completing courses during the application. Phewww. Two courses don't make a huge difference in the overall scheme.

Archived