Premed 101 Forums

How many spots on waitlist???

To All:

So... this questions has been bugging me for a long time..... Does everyone who got an interview become placed on a waiting list???

Or is there a set number of spots on the waitlist? I know that finding out will not help my situation at all.... and perhaps, it may make me feel even worse/hopeless, but I am very curious and really want to know.

Thanks guys.

These are my observations. It is a bit of a mystery how things work each year, so things may have changed.

A few years ago people received acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. More recently the initial response seems to be acceptance or waitlist. I'm pretty sure last year the first offer was 100 people got accepted and 400 people got on the waitlist. Rejection letters weren't sent out until late in the summer (maybe august?). So the waitlist started at 400, then of course everybody who accepts somewhere else is removed from the list. At the end of the summer how many people are still on the list and get officially rejected? Who knows.

I have always had the impression that it is 100 acceptance + 100 waitlists... and i jus remembered where i got that impression from.

When i went to my interview at queens, one of the 1st year med students said that they usually keep 100 ppl on waitlist... now i feel like i got tricked by him~ :(

can any current Queens students confirm this? 100 accepted and 100WL? or 100 accepted 400 WL?

Nobody will be able to confirm anything because nobody outside the office knows for sure.

Last year I'm pretty sure the first offer was 100 accepted, 400 WL. This year could be the same or different.

So just an update on my previous situation. I got the e-mail re-sent to me and I was actually waitlisted, not rejected. How strange is that?! Of all the bizarre things to happen (negative ones), I tend to catch those. Oh well, it really made me value everything so much more after that horrible day.

I don't know if they reject people then....I need to think it over once I do get the mail package etc., but I'm pretty much certain I'm going to accept Western and not wait for Queens. So here's another spot. Good luck!

Well, looking through the threads from May 15, nobody mentioned anything about being rejected. Considering the number of people who frequent this forum, I'd say this is a reasonable indicator that everyone who didn't get in is automatically placed on the waiting list.

I am 100% sure that Queen's did not reject anyone this year. Everyone who did not receive an offer but had an interview was put on the waitlist.

I guess that is not too encouraging for those of you on the waitlist - just remember that Queen's is known to go pretty deep! Also, this year fewer students were interviewed (compared to last year), around 480 I believe.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

Ack! I knew it! So there are about 380 people on the waitlist, and they will probably end up offering the top 100? Essentially, there is approx a 25% chance of getting in this year.

I really wish I knew where I am on that list -- has anyone tried calling this year to see if they'd have a heart and put you out of your misery?

I am 100% sure that Queen's did not reject anyone this year. Everyone who did not receive an offer but had an interview was put on the waitlist.

I guess that is not too encouraging for those of you on the waitlist - just remember that Queen's is known to go pretty deep! Also, this year fewer students were interviewed (compared to last year), around 480 I believe.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

That's what she said..

if you were wondering, I just enjoy the office... and am not 12 years old

Archived