Premed 101 Forums

Canadian Applicants for US Schools 2009

I really really feel paranoid about that art vandalay

So I made a very quick note bout what happened with the schools

Ie

UT - rej pre interview

UWo - Interviewed, waitlisted, rejected

Queen's - interviewed, waitlisted, rejected

so with a 2/3 int success rate it doesnt look like I completely flopped last cycle.

Its honestly none of their business. I just included it because not getting accepted had some worthwhile experiences that might be worth using If i interview over there.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, thanks for the help so far, everyone. I am certainly beginning to see the reasoning for applying to MANY schools. Perhaps I'll apply to 15 to 20 schools. I applied to OSAP yesterday for the first time ever to try to get some money to help finance my applications.

I've begun filling out the Work/Activities section in the AMCAS application, and I had a question about the Experience Description box. Are they looking for a straightforward explanation and description of the activity? Or, do people usually include stuff like what they learned, etc. My inclination is to simply describe the activity.

Also, do people usually fill up the 1325 characters? Or, does a succint yet complete description suffice?

Hey, I think that reapplicants are not looked upon very favourably in the US. I can't really back up this claim, but I never mentioned it in my interviews (and thankfully it never came up).

For the OP: Apply now. I think if you have a solid personal statement you can get into some very good schools. With your stats I wouldn't worry too about applying at this point in the game (it's still early anyways).

Hey, I think that reapplicants are not looked upon very favourably in the US. I can't really back up this claim, but I never mentioned it in my interviews (and thankfully it never came up).

For the OP: Apply now. I think if you have a solid personal statement you can get into some very good schools. With your stats I wouldn't worry too about applying at this point in the game (it's still early anyways).

Thats absolutely fantastic. I talked about regarding my top schools secondary. I posted that question on SDN to see what is the deal. Now I am stressing, look at what they make you give.

Edit: Checked SDN Re-applicant forum. If you took steps to improve, its actually a good thing and looked favorably upon. If you didn't do anything and just took another shot, even if you think you got unlucky, it will count AGAINST you. Seriously.

Thats absolutely fantastic. I talked about regarding my top schools secondary. I posted that question on SDN to see what is the deal. Now I am stressing, look at what they make you give.

Edit: Checked SDN Re-applicant forum. If you took steps to improve, its actually a good thing and looked favorably upon. If you didn't do anything and just took another shot, even if you think you got unlucky, it will count AGAINST you. Seriously.

I can say without a doubt, from personal experience unfortunately - that this is definitely true.

Archived