Premed 101 Forums

OOP students class of 2012!

hey, another oop who got in. i'm definitely going to attend!!

i think i remember you paradoc from the wsu med at studentdoc forums. congrats on your ubc acceptance :)

i think you got an acceptance at wayne too?

congrats on your ubc acceptance as well!

PM me if you'd be interested in going out with a bunch of other OOPs in Toronto.

hi! I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind posting your stats? and does anyone know how many OOP apply each year and how many are interviewed?

Thanks!

I believe the exact numbers are available on the UBC website.

I think maybe 700 apply, 40 are interviewed and 12 spots are made available to OOP.

As for stats, UBC's website gives a real good idea of how high your gpa has to be to be competitive.

Good luck!

hi! I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind posting your stats? and does anyone know how many OOP apply each year and how many are interviewed?

Thanks!

Stats don't matter much. 50% of the pre-interview score is GPA and 50% is extra-curriculars. You get full marks for GPA is your overall average is 85% or greater; virtually every OOP applicant with an interview has that perfect score. The real question is what sort of extra-curriculars are needed for the interview. The answer is: quite a bit. I've been missing the cut-off by a fraction of a point for two years now - no thanks to a consistent score of 0 on the high performance category.

Congrats guys!

Archived