Premed 101 Forums

New Waitlist Waiting Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Mick,

Congrats!

I was wondering when you were called? and did Darla mention if everyone will be called today or over the span of the week?

Thanks!

I got the call around 10:30 in the morning. She didn't say if everyone would be called today (and I didn't ask). Good luck.

Haha I remember you from the waiting room thread! You were the one who told me about those swivel chairs hehee....

Congrats to everyone! =)

Haha! Yeah, well Im just glad that we're gonna both be swinging around the same chairs together! Congrats and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone in the Fall! I just joined the facebook group earlier today!

Thanks VERY much! I really hope I see you posting about an acceptance soon!

Hey,

Do you think it was the Grad work that put you through this time or did you feel you had a stronger interview? Congrats, we have similar marks and I'm SWOMEN so hopefully they will call today.

Hey,

Do you think it was the Grad work that put you through this time or did you feel you had a stronger interview? Congrats, we have similar marks and I'm SWOMEN so hopefully they will call today.

Thanks a lot on the congrats!

As far as the question regarding the grad work - it gave me a lot to talk about in the interview - leadership through TAing, critical analysis of data, self directed learning skills, how my research background will allow me to be involved in medical research in the future as an MD, how research fits into medicine, etc. My interview went a LOT better this time around, and I feel that it can be largely attributed to both my personal development during my graduate degree as well as the additional experiences and insight.

Good luck!

i dont like to speculate, but i really have nothing better to do lol

It seems about 5 people or so got called yesterday, and there were anywhere from 25 to 50 people keeping their eyes on the forum. Assuming most people post if they got called, and that people on this forum are a representative sample of all waitlistees (300 as most people think), the number of people being called yesterday amounts to about 10-20% of waitlistees. Roughly, they pull about 60-90 people off the waitlist a year, hence approximately 15 people called every day. That also gives them the whole week to call everyone on the3 list :D I love stats....

If they're still calling on Friday, then people with provisional acceptances would be at a disadvantage. Do you think UWO knows who has accepted provisionally, and calls these people first, or would they have to go in order?

Archived