Premed 101 Forums

NS waitlist?

Yay! Does anyone know if they're holding the offers to the people on the NS waitlist until they have figured out if they're opening the 5 extra seats this year? It just seems strange that we know of 2 people who are or who have declined and the NS waitlist hasn't moved yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I was accepted off the NS waitlist (#3) on Tuesday. At that time there was no mention of any of the new NS seats.

A "friend of a friend" said he was also accepted off the NS waitlist (#15) on Friday, so the waitlist appears to be moving well. He also mentioned that the email described 8 new NS seats being approved for the fall.

All I know without 2nd hand information is that the waitlist is past #3.

I'll double check with the "friend" of the "friend", but he seemed pretty sure about the number #15 and 8 new seats. It may very well be that something got mixed up as the info passed from person to person. It may turn out that he is on one of the other waitlists (ie. OOP..) or something foolish.

Congrats :) I'm torn, I have already accepted Ottawa (ie. paid deposits on school and housing) but I'm from Halifax and would love to stay here close to my family. But I'm not going to worry about anything until the waitlist moves further (which it may not!)

• 3 weeks later...

Got accepted off the NS waitlist on Thursday afternoon. I had previously accepted at Ottawa but I think I've decided it would be a lot easier if I just stay here in Halifax, so Dal it is! Oh, I was number 14. Seems as though the list is still moving so good luck to those still waiting!!

• 9 months later...

Archived