Premed 101 Forums

Video games?!

first computer game i remember playing was the oregon trail lol and duke nukem

Oh my god, the Apogee games! Duke Nukem (the old 2d sidescroller), Commander Keen, wow...classics! Do you know where you could download those? Would you need a windows 3.1 emulator? Haha.

And yeah, Oregon Trail in the computer lab at my elementary school...good times. I remember it had the first ever instant messenger we had ever used built in...and kids would send each other messages like "You're a penis!" and then giggle about it.

wow seems to be a lot of nintendo fans here... I've grown less and less fond of video games as of late, but some of my favourites have been Devil May Cry (1,3) , Metal Gear Solid Series, ICO, Zone of The Enders, and how has this list persisted for 4 pages without a mention of Final Fantasy VII? And for some old-school games: Golden Axe, Street Fighter, Streets of Rage... oh how i've wasted my life :P

Don't know if its been mentioned....

Anyone else excited to try Street Fighter 4?

I remember the days in the arcade when I was a kid.... I would run up to the machines and pretend I was playing Street Fighter, even though I didn't put in the coins and it was the computer demo rolling. Whenever the screen would say 'Game Over', I'd just run to the next arcade machine and pretend I was whichever character was winning.

The good old days. Never could go anywhere without seeing "SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO" in bright yellow letters.

Don't tell me I'm alone on this one :D

At the moment, my favourite games are Mario Kart Wii & Super Mario World (SNES). Oh, and I love the main Pokemon series games - just don't have time to play them anymore; they're more awesome than many adults think.

My favourite RPG game is Final Fantasy VI. I think it's the best FF ever!

The first computer games I played were Pacman, Space Invaders, and Dig Dug, I think.

Guest EmergencyDude

Hey,

my favorite games of all-time would have to be:

-Starfox for SuperNintendo (Played it everyday before school started in the morning lol.)

-Super Mario Kart

-Super Mario 3

-All the Crash Bandicoot games

-Sonic the Hedgehog

-Crazy Taxi

-MDK 2

And I think Donkey Kong was great too. I just hated the level with bees and honeycombs, etc. - so hard.

I loved the story plots and imagination in all these games. :)

*EmergencyDude

Hey,

my favorite games of all-time would have to be:

-Starfox for SuperNintendo (Played it everyday before school started in the morning lol.)

-Super Mario Kart

-Super Mario 3

-All the Crash Bandicoot games

-Sonic the Hedgehog

-Crazy Taxi

-MDK 2

And I think Donkey Kong was great too. I just hated the level with bees and honeycombs, etc. - so hard.

I loved the story plots and imagination in all these games. :)

*EmergencyDude

Yeah Donky Kong was a great game! I think the first one was better than 2 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EmergencyDude

I was watching that GIF Image and while my roomates were sleeping, I bursted out laughing... touche'. lol.

God Mode LOL. :D

Anyone played F.E.A.R.? I had to stop playing that because the mental anguish was just too much... And I'm a guy who likes his Japanese horror with freaky-ghost-girl movies.

I started playing Final Fantasy 12 the other day. I predict that it's gonna take me awhile...

Anyone played F.E.A.R.? I had to stop playing that because the mental anguish was just too much... And I'm a guy who likes his Japanese horror with freaky-ghost-girl movies.

I started playing Final Fantasy 12 the other day. I predict that it's gonna take me awhile...

My little brother pansied out on that game as well.

FF12 is a fantastic game. So many sideq-uests that its a real treat for 'completionists'.

Really its one of the best PS2 games and a great value.

If you haven't gotten too far, consider early power-levelling. (wow, that sounds so lame on a premed forum). I was like level 50+ before even sneaking into the castle.

Check this vid. It is TOTALLY WORTH YOUR TIME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcl2aGVYLlg

Archived