Premed 101 Forums

Western bird courses

hey guys,

I pretty much got my courses planned out for 3rd year (at UWO) and I have quite a few rough ones; i'm in the need to fill up 1.0 credits with some real birds - can anyone help? I know "bird" courses depend on the individual, but I mean a course where, if you put in the work, you can pull off a stellar grade. For example, courses like drugs and behavior/psych 020 (i dont want to take any 0 level courses though) I found easy to do well in.

Any suggestions will honestly be appreciated.

thanks guys.

any1 know anything about pharm 206? apparently its only online as well this year...

I almost took it last year.

Online courses can be tough to keep on top of. If you're discipline, you should be okay. Try emailing the course co-ordinator.

I took cog psych 235 with cann last year, and didn't like his exam style. Too many ambiguous question.

What's earth sci 240 about?

history of catastrophic events.... online course... in past years has been quite easy.... not much reading... lecture notes clearly laid out... taking it this year..... been told by a few that's with minimal effort it's a good mark..

history of catastrophic events.... online course... in past years has been quite easy.... not much reading... lecture notes clearly laid out... taking it this year..... been told by a few that's with minimal effort it's a good mark..

You'd think with all this talk about bird courses at Western that Western is the place to be to get a bird degree.

:P

Woah that sounds like a cool course, what's the subject/course code?

Edit: Just realized :P that's the earth sci course haha (dumb law!)

I got 0.5 courses left to pick, anyone got suggestions? Preferably a 3rd year course

Pathology 3900F/G - Introduction to Comparative Pathology

An introduction to the field of laboratory animal science and comparative human and animal pathology. Major topics include regulatory oversight of animal-based research, animal biology and disease, animals as models of human diseases, genetic manipulation of research animals, and major intrinsic and extrinsic factors affecting biomedical research.

This course is amazing from what I've heard. I'm planning on taking it next year.

I loved intro immunology (micro 357a when I took it, now I don't know what it is). That was a fun and interesting class. Human biochemistry 384a was also incredible, as was clinical biochemistry 386b.

Although, word on the streets is clinical biochemistry 386b is going to be harder this year.

You'd think with all this talk about bird courses at Western that Western is the place to be to get a bird degree.

:P

I think Western has to have one of the larger selection of former 100 level courses.... however there are a few that lurk and strike!

Example... Classical studies of greek and roman education...

fit perfect into my schedule, generally 100 level classics courses are a breeze.... NOT true for this one.... it single handedly changed my "special year" to a new degree... ah well teach me to hover around a 3.7

I think Western has to have one of the larger selection of former 100 level courses.... however there are a few that lurk and strike!

Example... Classical studies of greek and roman education...

fit perfect into my schedule, generally 100 level classics courses are a breeze.... NOT true for this one.... it single handedly changed my "special year" to a new degree... ah well teach me to hover around a 3.7

Classics 137 with Brown, had to work so hard to just finish with an 80. The year before it was a joke with another prof.

Archived