Premed 101 Forums

India's Karturba Medical College and AUA Antigua collaborate

Hi there,

I’m looking to do my studies in medicine. A friend of mine came across this info seminar that is going to be conducted by the American University of Antigua at New York on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - The Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York City, NY. I’m going to attend it. I will make definitely include it in my schedule. I think every medical school aspirant in the NY area should attend it too.

For more info on AUA google "American university of Antigua"

I've done some research on these colleges and realize this program of theirs makes a lot of sense for NRI and Indian students. I've read in some forums about some of the good things about them. Firstly they have a very good faculty-student ratio for a Caribbean medical school. Then they have a hospital attached to the college. ALso this is one of the best ways to become a US licensed doctor. Hope this info is useful...

One of the easier ways to get become a US licensed doctor would be to get into a Caribbean Med school like the one some people have suggested here. Here are the two MAJOR benefits:

1. Perhaps the greatest benefit these schools offer is that otherwise qualified students, who show the dedication and determination to successfully complete the rigors of a superior medical education, get the chance to attend medical school and become physicians. U.S. medical schools, with their limited number of available positions, actually prevent many capable candidates from attending.

2. MOOLAH- The cost of a Caribbean medical education is a fraction of the cost of U.S. medical schools. Tuition makes up a HUGE chunk of the expenses in an American med school...

You should seriously consider getting into a Caribbean med school...

I completely agree with what you have said here.

In fact, I have been doing some research of late, based on which and considering the above points I have finalized on a couple of colleges like AUA, SGU and ROSS.

I am yet to take my final call though.

Archived