Premed 101 Forums

Any *new seat* news?

I spoke with folks at the A&SA office and they said there is still no final decision as to whether the 5 news seats for this Sept. will be happening or not. So no official updates yet.

I got a sense that the prevailing opinion is that the 5 seats will be available this Sept., but that the final decision/announcement might occur as soon as today.... or as late as August 30th. In other words, they should be approved but no one can predict when.

That said, the kind folks did say that they have been preparing the necessary expansions in space, staff, resources in case they receive a last minute approval for the new seats. So providing they get official approval (even at the last moment), there shouldn't be a mad scramble to implement the new seats. Sounds like the A&SA are right on top of things, and ready to proceed should the situation change.

Not a straight answer, but I think its the best anyone will get for now.

Hi everyone,

A friend in the NS pool asked me to forward you all some good news. He was 9th on the NS waitlist and received an email this afternoon offering him a spot. The email stated that they had received funding for 8 seats to be added in Sept. 2008.

Good news for NS but not for little ol' me on the PEI waitlist.

Archived