Premed 101 Forums

Question from those accepted into NOMS

Hi,

1.Could the accepted applicants please provide more info for those of us planning to apply for the NOMS next year(e.g. GPA/EC's/etc).

2. Has anyone from S. Ontario received acceptance from NOMS this year?

I greatly appreciate your help,

:)

You just made me smile with your posting, as I like how the first acronym survives despite their best efforts. The name was changed in 2004 from Northern ontario medical school (NOMS) to Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) and yet the old one continues to hang on. Anyways good luck with getting in, this response was just an aside.

hi bmaghd,

well last year, it was your weighted GPA and NOSM didn't include first year so my stats were:

GPA: 3.88

research: three years of dry lab research, two papers, one conference (poster presented) + one year of wet lab neuro research

EC: CURRENT: tutoring, weekly volunteering at local hospital, student's council (member, not exec); in the PAST volunteering at the Red Cross, Retirement home, hospital, and peer tutoring in highschool

other: music lessons, swimming lessons, 3 retail jobs + two research summerships (no NSERC's lol).

I didn't take the MCAT and only applied to NOSM and mac (didnt' want to go to ottawa) - and was accepted at NOSM.

GOOD LUCK on your application for the upcoming year :) hope everything goes smoothly and we'll see you at NOSM next fall!

I also want to know if anyone from Southern Ontario has got into Northern this year? Should we just save our money and not bother applying, even if we have high GPAs/good EC's?

I'd say apply if you can make some sort case of your relation to underservice/north ontario...if you look at the most recent stats for last yrs matriculants a handful of students from rural part in other provinces were admitted...so if you're related to rural/ north go for it:rolleyes: .......if you've never been in the north (based on your ECA) then good luck...but you'll never know unless you try

________

Wholesale vaporizers

FYI- I had friends from rural southern ontario applied that got into numerous schools and weren't even offered an interview at NOSM...i really doubt that if you are a southern Ontario resident and haven't spent at least a summer there, if not your undergrad that you would have much of a chance....

FYI- I had friends from rural southern ontario applied that got into numerous schools and weren't even offered an interview at NOSM...i really doubt that if you are a southern Ontario resident and haven't spent at least a summer there, if not your undergrad that you would have much of a chance....

Honestly......I've been living in Tbay for 3 yrs now and have a 3.63 GPA..and I'm francophone and didn't get an interview...my sketch was pretty well written (got it checked by some of my arts profs).. I knew I made the GPA cut-off so it must of been something in my sketch that turned them off.....who knows what they're looking for...just apply you never know

________

Yamaha raptor 660 specifications

Archived