Premed 101 Forums

Time since graduation?

I have a question about the application system:

There is a spot for what you have completed since the time you graduated. What about if you JUST graduated (May 2008)? Should you fill in this space? I would think that this was designed for people who have been out of school for 1+ years, but I'm not sure if it counts the 4 months (summer) since I have been out of school (at the time of application).

Here is the wording:

"If you are currently not attending university, please provide details of what you have done during your absence from university."

Thanks a lot.

I was in that same situation last year, but the application wasn't due until october 2nd, so I had a month more of time to add, but I think that anyone that has graduated and is not doing more school in the fall needs to fill it out. Remember once the deadline rolls around, you will have been out of school for 4 months... decent enough time to do something important. As I understood it, they want to know what you are doing and plan to be doing if you aren't at school for the year (or 2 or 3 or more...). What are you doing to fill your time!? Have you been working? Travelling? Etc. I just told them I had been working since graduation and then what my plans were for the next year (work & travel).

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the information.

Another Q. The application now has TWO boxes for this sort of thing:

"If your education has not been continuous, or if you are currently not attending university, please provide details of what you have done during your absence from university"

and

"If you are currently not attending university/college (no matter if you have graduated or not), please provide details of what you have done during your absence from university/college:"

each allowing 500 chars. If I have graduated, do you think it would be appropriate for me to use one box for what I have done and the other for my plans come September? 500 chars is actually quite short for writing all of that.

Thanks again!

Archived