Premed 101 Forums

Tuition and fees

Nope, they're lying to you. You actually don't have to pay the fees, they're just trying to make you nervous with this "come up with several tens of thousands of dollars" business. There's a big J/K sign at the tuition office.

• 4 weeks later...

the 2011s have to pay the $175 confirmation of registration, as we're going into second year and haven't given them another deposit. I am not sure where the first years stand, though..last year we didn't have to, because I think we had to give them a deposit to reserve our spot which went towards tuition and all that stuff. Ask Lisa Williamson (I'm sure she's contacted you guys by now) for affirmation.

The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry and the U of A registrars office are like Parliament and the Queen. They don't really talk and the lower authority basically does whatever the hell it wants. Neither of which knows what's up with the other. Ever.

Don't worry about the 175, it's just going to go toward your tuition and will save you the hassle of them clearing your course registration.

Unless you're worried about the few cents their going to make on interest for the month and a half till the money is due anyways. In which case you course of action would be . . . get really mad and then have to pay it anyway?

anyone know if we can apply for undergraduate awards...if so how?

Check out the link to the student awards office through the registrar's office website (they are lumped as a single entity). As far as I know, the medical awards are given out and you don't need to apply for them - this is the way it was when I was working for the Student Awards office. Things may have changed. Your best bet to find out is to head over there sometime before classes start and ask whoever is at the desk how it works specifically for med students.

Archived