Premed 101 Forums

Lab requirement for Ottawa prerequisites

Does anyone know if the labs requirement for Ottawa prerequisites have to be a full year lab?

For example, if I am doing 'Physiology I' in the fall semester and Physiology II in the winter semester, but only Physiology II has a lab, will this satisfy the biology+lab prerequisite?

Also, for the Chemistry prerequisite, is it necessary that I have at least one semester of General, Organic, and Bio Chemistry? Or would 1 year general+lab and 1 year orgo+lab (no bio chem) be ok?

How about 1 semester gen chem+lab, 1 semester orgo+lab, 2 semesters biochem-no-lab?

Thanks in advance. Any help is very much appreciated.

Also, for the Chemistry prerequisite, is it necessary that I have at least one semester of General, Organic, and Bio Chemistry? Or would 1 year general+lab and 1 year orgo+lab (no bio chem) be ok?

How about 1 semester gen chem+lab, 1 semester orgo+lab, 2 semesters biochem-no-lab?

Thanks in advance. Any help is very much appreciated.

From the OMSAS booklet :

"the equivalent of two full-year courses from the following

chemistry courses:

a) General biochemistry without laboratory session

B) General chemistry with laboratory session

c) Organic chemistry with laboratory session"

It is my understanding that 1 full yr general with lab & 1 full yr orgo with lab satisfies the chem req. Same with 1 semester gen chem+lab, 1 semester orgo+lab, 2 semesters biochem-no-lab.

Archived