Premed 101 Forums

spring courses

hey there,

i was accepted into med school on may 15 and took 2 courses at U of C during the spring session to get my BSc...do i need to send my transcript for these spring courses to U of C Med? I sent in my official transcript that shows my marks from the 2007-2008 academic year but im not sure if they need this transcript as well...i got B-'s in both courses (so cGPA of 2.7 for those spring courses)...if i factor them into the cGPA for the 2007-2008 academic year or even my entire cGPA, it does not fall below 3.2 (what they asked for)...so i think it should be okay but i dont want it to bite me in the ass later on....

i thought all final courses had to show that you still maintained an average of 3.2 for that session. i'm not talking about cgpa, but rather the gpa over the courses you are attempting to complete in a given session...

"Acceptances are provisional; one of the conditions is that the official transcript for course(s) just completed shows maintenance of an overall average of 3.20 on a 4.00 scale when converted to match the University of Calgary’s 4.00 point rating scale. This applies to both Albertans and non-Albertans.

Students who are currently registered in a university or college are required to forward final official transcripts as soon as possible after final examinations are completed."

-App manual, 2008-2009

ya so i wasn't sure if they meant just the 2007-2008 academic year (ie Sept-April) or if this included spring/summer courses taken in 2008...meh, i'll just send em a transcript of my spring courses anyways...

i thought all final courses had to show that you still maintained an average of 3.2 for that session. i'm not talking about cgpa, but rather the gpa over the courses you are attempting to complete in a given session...

"Acceptances are provisional; one of the conditions is that the official transcript for course(s) just completed shows maintenance of an overall average of 3.20 on a 4.00 scale when converted to match the University of Calgary’s 4.00 point rating scale. This applies to both Albertans and non-Albertans.

Students who are currently registered in a university or college are required to forward final official transcripts as soon as possible after final examinations are completed."

-App manual, 2008-2009

ya so i wasn't sure if they meant just the 2007-2008 academic year (ie Sept-April) or if this included spring/summer courses taken in 2008...meh, i'll just send em a transcript of my spring courses anyways...

yeah, just send em over. if you've already been accepted, there should be no problem.

Hey,

I believe that the 3.2 min is for the overall year (not any one session) and the 3.2 is not negotiable, and they are willing to dismiss you over that one. But the 3.2 is the average for the year.

The have negotiated before...

Don't worry about your summer courses. It's 3.2 overall.

Archived