Premed 101 Forums

OSAP still on hold?

Is anyone else's OSAP still on hold? I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to defer if they keep this up. I've called them NUMEROUS times and every time, it's "Please be patient and wait"! Grrr...Is financial services ALWAYS like this? =(

And I submitted it on time too.

You can check on the OSAP website by signing in.

Yeah tell me about it...I've been using so many $0.50 on pay phones and phone cards to be put on hold and then people telling me conflicting things. I'm dreading dealing with them for 4 years....I hope the med office people are more helpful.

You can also check under the student center on the uwo registrars office. This will tell you that your forms are complete and will be ready to pick up rather then OSAP's website.

Lostintime, PM if you need more info. I have dealt with the fin aid office and it is very annoying.

Thanks ClassA, I called them again today, and FINALLYYYYY it's approved. However, the OSAP website is slower or something because it still says it's on hold =( So I don't know the amount I'm getting. But I assume if there's no problems, it should be my estimate. How long did it take for your status on the OSAP website to change after it changed on the student centre website?

• 2 weeks later...
You can also check under the student center on the uwo registrars office. This will tell you that your forms are complete and will be ready to pick up rather then OSAP's website.

Lostintime, PM if you need more info. I have dealt with the fin aid office and it is very annoying.

Where does it let you see your OSAP info on the student center? My OSAP is still on hold as of now, saying it's missing my declaration pages. Thanks.

There probably a back log right now so it may take a while to get them updated. I would suggest you call because then they'll process the papers over the phone with you. If you don't call, its likely they won't get to it untill after the tution deadline in which case you'll have to pay and be reimbursed by osap or you'll get charged a late fee. so, call.

There probably a back log right now so it may take a while to get them updated. I would suggest you call because then they'll process the papers over the phone with you. If you don't call, its likely they won't get to it untill after the tution deadline in which case you'll have to pay and be reimbursed by osap or you'll get charged a late fee. so, call.

They never received my declaration pages which I'd sent in my express mail twice months in advance. Now my options are to come up with 16k by next week or pay a late charge of over $450.

tuition is due next week??? where did you guys get info for the deadline??? i don't recall receiving any info about the deadline :/

also my OSAP is only issuing me 5500$ despite the fact my counsellor said i would get the full 14000 likely... so i need to appeal :confused:

Go to student.uwo.ca and login. Scroll down to the bottom of the first page and there will be a heading called Finances under which there will be a 'Statement of Account' link. That will bring up the tuition amount, the amount required for the first installment (around 11k by Augst 17th I believe) and any bursary/scholarships from Western as Financial Aid.

Go to student.uwo.ca and login. Scroll down to the bottom of the first page and there will be a heading called Finances under which there will be a 'Statement of Account' link. That will bring up the tuition amount, the amount required for the first installment (around 11k by Augst 17th I believe) and any bursary/scholarships from Western as Financial Aid.

I think it's Aug 15th though (17th is a sunday) and i was looking earlier today and I think that's what i remember seeing.

I also couldn't get a pin number or activate my account online, because apparently the school didn't have my SIN number on file, so i just called 519-661-2100, which is the registrar's office, and they gave me my pin and everything. Once I had that, I could log on and check the statement for tuition.

But it does seem kinda dumb, don't you think it would be nice for them to send us a bill in the mail or something at least telling us we owe them $11,000? And if we don't make that payment then what, a late fee of a few hundred more? Very "convenient" of them not really telling us the deadline.....

(unless i am mistaken and they did mention it somewhere, but i just overlooked it)

but the OSAP funds aren't released yet... do you get a delayed first installment deadline to account for the time reuired to get your loan?

In order to do that you need to get your osap papers processed asap. To do that, you need to call the osap officer.

Acoording to Western's website, if you submited your osap papers to Western before June 30th, they can garantee that the first installment can be delayed for when you get the loan.

If you don't submit the papers by June 30th, they can't gaurantee that they will process it before the tuition deadline - which may (or may not) result in either you paying uprfont or being prepared to pay a late fee.

I submitted my papers in July (8th?) and called in a week later and got them processed in time.

So if you haven't done so, call in now.

I think it's Aug 15th though (17th is a sunday) and i was looking earlier today and I think that's what i remember seeing.

I also couldn't get a pin number or activate my account online, because apparently the school didn't have my SIN number on file, so i just called 519-661-2100, which is the registrar's office, and they gave me my pin and everything. Once I had that, I could log on and check the statement for tuition.

But it does seem kinda dumb, don't you think it would be nice for them to send us a bill in the mail or something at least telling us we owe them $11,000? And if we don't make that payment then what, a late fee of a few hundred more? Very "convenient" of them not really telling us the deadline.....

(unless i am mistaken and they did mention it somewhere, but i just overlooked it)

I agree that a hardcopy version of the bill would be beneficial, especially for new students to western who are unfamiliar with their online system. However, I did receive an email (July 24th ) saying

"You may now access and print your Statement of Account online through the Registrar's web site.

Registrarial Services will no longer print or mail tuition statements or validation cards. Validation cards will not be required for on campus services. "

I agree that a hardcopy version of the bill would be beneficial, especially for new students to western who are unfamiliar with their online system. However, I did receive an email (July 24th ) saying

"You may now access and print your Statement of Account online through the Registrar's web site.

Registrarial Services will no longer print or mail tuition statements or validation cards. Validation cards will not be required for on campus services. "

Yeah, I'm new to western and never got that email. I'm assuming it was sent to your UWO account?

So with the talk of delayed tuition payments and OSAP, does that mean the first payment of $11,000ish isn't due this coming friday for everyone?

Archived