Premed 101 Forums

Worth Splitting Up an EC?

I'm a bit hesitant about which way to go with this so I figure it's worth getting some others' input. I have an experience with a club that gave me the opportunity to put in significant time with very different experiences (i.e. working with at risk youth, fundraising and developing new events, etc.) I don't think that I can do a good job of reflecting on all of the experience I gained from each of these events within the 250 character limit but I'm worried that it won't show long-term commitment if I separate each activity. What would you do in my situation?

I think that when they read the "organization" section of the app and they see that a number of your activities fall under that particular organization, long term commitment will be visible. It is better in my opinion to do a good job of explaining your involvement and diversity of activities for a good NAQ score

I was accepted to UBC in May and found myself in a similar situation to you when applying. I had been with an organization for 2 years and then received a "promotion" that I wanted to highlight. I ended up splitting the activities into two with different job titles. I found I could then really describe all the experiences I had. This organization was my main long term volunteer activity so I guess it didn't hurt my application!

Archived