Premed 101 Forums

Why wouldn't the system allow me to edit my info??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soaring_eagle

As soon as possible, someone should contact the office, and let them know so many people are having this issue.

I'm sending an e-mail right now.

Guest soaring_eagle

Why wouldn't they though... we are clearly capable of following instructions (we are pre-med students for crying out loud!).

This is an issue with the way they stated the deadline, and I will continue to ask to complete my application because I have only worked for years to be able to apply.

Guest soaring_eagle
I think I have the same problem. Saved it last nite only 1/2 done and now I can only "view the application" under the "Action" section. Or is there another place to go where you edit your app?

get with teh program! lol, we are all in the same boat. EVERYONE, send them an e-mail!!!! If they know this is a major issue, they are more likely to fix it.

Guest soaring_eagle

team work! power to the people,

I think I'll put this down under "working with others" category. hahaha, joke.

but honestly, hope they are nice about it and we don't have to beg

I have a feeling they'll extend the deadline until the end of the week in good faith. Either way, I'm submitting as soon as it's up!

That would be extremely bittersweet.

Nice to have the extra time, but that means I spent a large chunk of change trying to get my transcript sent in time when it was completely unnecessary to do so.

That would be extremely bittersweet.

Nice to have the extra time, but that means I spent a large chunk of change trying to get my transcript sent in time when it was completely unnecessary to do so.

I also agree that they should consider extending the deadline, and not just correcting it.

For me at least, it takes a surprisingly long time to copy and past each individual description for each individual NAQ in the application, and we've lost time to do that because of this confusion.

I suppose it's fair to say that some of us may have lost time due to rocking back and forth in the corner this morning after realizing the ambiguous deadline.

I guess we should just find the humour in this (and you have to admit, this is at least a little funny) and continue working under the assumption that the system will magically open up later today for the 11:59pm deadline.

P.S.: lkajdsnclakjdcbnlajudflakjdhnvalkd!!!

OMFG. Imagine the scare I had this morning, after a whole weeks of work for naught. I was waiting for my Transcript to appear to be "received" before the payment (I sent the transcript last Thursday via courier from Edmonton, but it's status has yet to be updated)... I sent like 20 messages via their stupid system... spamming must work!!!!

Guest soaring_eagle
i'm totally freaking out........

I need some morphine..

morphine....morphine....

JUST joking!!

more like, open the system up, extend teh deadline, open teh system up, extend the deadline, accept all of us keeners...

Im prett sure the deadline hasn't passed. This must be a mistake, I mean it CLEARLY states that the deadline is on the 2nd @ 11:59pm... Avenir (or anyone else who knows), why did they extend the deadline 3-4 years ago? similar problem?

check this out http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=143299&highlight=deadline+extended#post143299

think of all the poor kids trying to start their application the last minute

maybe a tactic by UBC to discourage them

Committee members will see right through last-minute application attempts. A good essay and good activity descriptions take time to develop.

Archived