Premed 101 Forums

Uhmmm.... What?

Me too... And my Reference 1 says "outstanding". I know that my 1st reference wasn't sent until Monday (by expresspost, so technically it should have reached there by Oct.1, but still I can understand why they'd be late in processing it). But my other 2 references were sent in enough time. So does the blank mean that there are no problems?

Mine said the exact same thing (well until now since I can't even log in anymore :( ) but it's weird because I know my Reference 1 sent out the letter last but it's

2 and 3 that's outstanding ......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest viscous

when I try to log in now, I get this error "ERROR 91022: This application is now closed for cycle 2009."

WTH. Till 2 days ago, I was able to sign and see the status of my reference letters.

For all of you who are worrying just be thankful you're not in my shoes. I logged in yesterday and saw that one referee letter was outstanding so I emailed my professor and told him not to panic, but was wondering if he had proof of when he sent the letter.

He emailed me back and told me he hadn't sent the letter, as he's been writing a million other grad school references :eek: :eek:

I *thank goodness* saved my email of when I forwarded him the assessment form, and I was able to re-send it. At least the form says I printed it on Sept 2. Phew!

I've convinced him to give me the letter to send so that I can send it overnight and pay $45 again to send a stupid piece of paper overnight from Vancouver to Ontario. :mad:

Thank goodness it's going to take OMSAS two weeks to sort through all the applications, hopefully they overlook the postage date oc Oct 4, as it was technically out of my control right????

For all of you who are worrying just be thankful you're not in my shoes. I logged in yesterday and saw that one referee letter was outstanding so I emailed my professor and told him not to panic, but was wondering if he had proof of when he sent the letter.

He emailed me back and told me he hadn't sent the letter, as he's been writing a million other grad school references :eek: :eek:

I *thank goodness* saved my email of when I forwarded him the assessment form, and I was able to re-send it. At least the form says I printed it on Sept 2. Phew!

I've convinced him to give me the letter to send so that I can send it overnight and pay $45 again to send a stupid piece of paper overnight from Vancouver to Ontario. :mad:

Thank goodness it's going to take OMSAS two weeks to sort through all the applications, hopefully they overlook the postage date oc Oct 4, as it was technically out of my control right????

Save your $45. Just spend ~$12 to buy a cross-provincial Xpresspost envelope.

Guest soaring_eagle

Hey man, I feel for you....that just, SUCKS. The proff I asked for a letter of ref seemed super busy when I asked him, and I kept on worrying he'd forget. Thank good ness he didn't, but it is outside of your control anyhow. You aren't penalized for it for OMSAS, just GET IT IN QUICK!!

For those of you whose references have been received by OMSAS, just wondering when did you send them? Canada Post shows that my 3rd ref letter was successfully delivered (via Xpresspost w/ signature) on Sept 18, but it's still outstanding on OMSAS. I don't know if I should just let OMSAS know or wait out a bit :confused: Any suggestions?

I just called the people at omsas cause one of my reference letters still wasnt received when the fedex people say it was delivered on the 27th of sept...they said its nothing to worry about...since i submitted my application on sept 29th, its very possible that they are still in the process of attaching the letter to my file....aslo...he said that nothing has been sent out to universities yet so its nothing to worry about even if something isnt in till like tuesday...

oh one other thing, according to my omsas account my transcript as well as 2 letters are still outstanding...however when i called them this morning, they said only one letter is missing...everything else is in the file...so i suggest you call omsas rather than rely on the website...

Archived