Premed 101 Forums

U of A and MCAT

So I just got my MCAT today and have a question about submitting it to U of A.

I was waiting to receive my scores before paying the application fee and getting the secondary application. Now that I am going to apply, can I send U of A my scores before I fill out the application. I know U of C says they will file it, is the same true for U of A?

Thanks

PS- 3.53 cGPA with 3.71 in last 2 years (applying currently in my 4th year undergrad, biochem) with an MCAT of 33T. I'd say average to above average ECs (2 years ER volunteering, 2 summers research, volunteer working on medical curriculum, volunteer in cadaver lab, some others). Do you guys think I stand a chance of getting an interview?

*** Jochi just reminded me of something.... I'm not sure if it applies to me because I am currently in my 4th year of undergrad, but if U of A drops my lowest year's GPA, my cGPA moves up to 3.71 any my pre-req is 3.74. Can anyone tell me if my lowest year is dropped, and if so if I have a decent chance of interview with a 3.71 and the stats listed above.

According to their site your lowest year is ONLY dropped if you have completed 4 or more years..

"For applicants who have completed 4 or more years of post-secondary transferable course work, the admissions cumulative (academic) average is calculated with the deletion of the lowest year GPA, provided it is not the most recent completed year, or the one and only year where 30 transferable units of course weight (5 full course equivalents) have been completed."

According to their site your lowest year is ONLY dropped if you have completed 4 or more years..

"For applicants who have completed 4 or more years of post-secondary transferable course work, the admissions cumulative (academic) average is calculated with the deletion of the lowest year GPA, provided it is not the most recent completed year, or the one and only year where 30 transferable units of course weight (5 full course equivalents) have been completed."

It's 4 or more years by the time of possible admission. So he would have one year dropped.

many people take more than 4 years to graduate.

also, there are other schools with the same policy and same wording. it means if you have 4 completed years by the time of admission, the lowest year will be dropped, with the given conditions.

take the statement literally.

Archived