Premed 101 Forums

Online medical / anatomical dictionary

Guest Mephistopheles03

Guest Mephistopheles03

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a really good online anatomical dictionary. I have been using the following:

www.medic8.com/MedicalDictionary.htm

It provides very very brief descriptions which are to the point (eg. the pulmonary artery arises from this...and does this...). However, it is missing a lot of entries (eg. longitudinal thoracic nerve)...

Any help would be much appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...

I think Gray's Anatomy isn't too bad. It has 13,000 entries ranging from the Antrum of Highmore to the Zonule of Zinn. Wonder what Zonule of Zinn is... wonder what antrum of Highmore is... :P

I don't know about 'Longitudinal thoracic nerve'... I tried a google search and that came up with nothing. Also, I didn't find it in the index of Netter's, if it exists perhaps you can enlighten me.

Only thing that comes to mind is long thoracic nerve; it innervates the boxer's muscle or serratus anterior. :)

TIP:

--Sorry if the following insults your intelligence, but I sometimes assume people know things about computers they don't.

If you're searching for a term like 'long thoracic nerve' type into the search box

---

"long thoracic nerve"

---

If you type in

---

long thoracic nerve

---

(without the quotes) it will search for those terms individually--and likely won't find what you're looking for.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived