Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites

mg83

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any recommendations on how to set up one's interview schedule? I don't know if I should book them back-to-back, or every two days to allow time for travel (even if it's only 3-4 hours driving) and mental prep. I've never had to travel in such a quick fashion before.

Also I've had some schools give me a specific date and time. How flexible are programs in general in accommodating alternative requests from students? Trying to schedule dates while not yet having heard back from all schools is taxing my mind which is already in vacation mode.

Thanks.

Any recommendations on how to set up one's interview schedule? I don't know if I should book them back-to-back, or every two days to allow time for travel (even if it's only 3-4 hours driving) and mental prep. I've never had to travel in such a quick fashion before.

Also I've had some schools give me a specific date and time. How flexible are programs in general in accommodating alternative requests from students? Trying to schedule dates while not yet having heard back from all schools is taxing my mind which is already in vacation mode.

Thanks.

I would say it depends on how many programs you are planning to visit.. I attended interviews pretty much back-to-back for 2.5 weeks, and by the end found it quite mentally taxing.. if your schedule allows, it might be nice to have extra time in between, but not at the expense of fitting in other interviews you are interested in. The programs I applied to had listed their scheduled interview dates on the CaRMS website, so that helped me plan my interview schedule. If the school has more than one interview day listed, then they might be able to accommodate you on an alternate day if they have room.

Archived