Premed 101 Forums

subspecialty question

old575

Hi

How would you rank the following subspecialties in terms of demand for ( and possibly also pay ). For example, I am not sure if there is much demand everywhere for allergists...

Nephro

Med. Oncology

Rheumatology

Allergy / Immunology

Endocrinology

Thanks

Hi

How would you rank the following subspecialties in terms of demand for ( and possibly also pay ). For example, I am not sure if there is much demand everywhere for allergists...

Nephro

Med. Oncology

Rheumatology

Allergy / Immunology

Endocrinology

Thanks

Here's my rank combining both demand and pay

Nephro > med onc, endo > rheum

allergy / immuno - I heard they can make a lot, but jobs are hard to come by and level of demand is quite variable.

Can anyone comment on how well Critical Care is remunirated in Canada?

Although I haven't found explicit stats on this, I've heard through the grapevine (i.e., told by an emerg doc) that full time ICU docs make a pretty penny. In Alberta, you can expect >400K.

Although I haven't found explicit stats on this, I've heard through the grapevine (i.e., told by an emerg doc) that full time ICU docs make a pretty penny. In Alberta, you can expect >400K.

I have heard the same thing. I've heard here in Kingston full time is over 300k with full time being ~20-30 weeks or something like that. Now when you are on, you are working a lot for that week, even as an attending, but that is still a lot of time off.

Archived