Premed 101 Forums

2008-2009 Application Stats Are Out

http://www.med.ubc.ca/__shared/assets/Interim_Statistics_of_2008-09_applicants9330.pdf

OOP cut-off: 41.10/50 - 49 people made it out of 407 applicants (12%).

IP cut-off: 35.50/50 - 615 people made it out of 1094 applicants (56%).

Interview invitations will be sent to selected applicants via their OAS accounts.

2009 Interview Dates – Saturday, February 14, 2009; Sunday, February 15, 2009; Saturday, February 28, 2009 and Sunday, March 1, 2009. There will be up to four interview cycles scheduled each day: 2 cycles in the morning & 2 cycles in the afternoon.

Applications from qualified applicants received an academic file review (AQ), which included: review of prerequisites, calculation of the overall average (based on all university level courses) and the average attained in the last sixty (60) credits. An “academic” score out of 25 was generated from these calculations.

I wonder what they mean by review?

Oh great...now I just keep logging back into my account:S

On their website it says the system to book interview times opens up tomorrow (Jan 6 at noon). I wonder if that means interview invites will be out before then.

I think they make this nerve-wracking on purpose..just to test us:p

ok...I'm done babbling now..I'm sure when people see new posts they think someone got an interview...sorry for the tease!!!!

Applications from qualified applicants received an academic file review (AQ), which included: review of prerequisites, calculation of the overall average (based on all university level courses) and the average attained in the last sixty (60) credits. An “academic” score out of 25 was generated from these calculations.

I wonder what they mean by review?

Ahhh.. sorry, moment of stupidity. Thanks for clarifying that!

oh wow.

does anyone else think its odd that there were 200 less applications but more interviews granted this year?

This is speculation, but I would bet that the Sept. 2nd deadline turned away some people.

I do not feel good about the OOP cutoff.

Who are the 49 out of 407 OOP that made the cut?

Guh.

Best of luck, everyone!

as an oop i am scared and anxious (because i have no idea how many marks my ECs will accumulate and the essay I wrote was the first draft every from which i made changes for rest of the school...my final essay is way different from that initial one :(

ALSO it says mail will be sent at NOON ON JAN 6 TO THE OAS (PACIFIC TIME)

Archived