Premed 101 Forums

2010: No more prereq GPA

• 8 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Ah...that's where my dilemma lies. I took organic chem in the summer last year. When UofA had the prereq GPA, they would definitely have looked at those courses to include, however, now that they don't have the prereq GPA anymore, will they still look at my organic chem marks (which are not very nice, btw) for the cGPA? Hmm...

Ah...that's where my dilemma lies. I took organic chem in the summer last year. When UofA had the prereq GPA, they would definitely have looked at those courses to include, however, now that they don't have the prereq GPA anymore, will they still look at my organic chem marks (which are not very nice, btw) for the cGPA? Hmm...

Don't believe so. Spring/summer marks aren't considered as part of cGPA.

• 2 weeks later...
What numbers will they be looking at for cgpa....

What numbers are expected for the mcats to be seriously considered..

Thanks so so much..

I'd say 3.7/30Q for IP will give you a decent chance at getting an interview, assuming your personal attributes section isn't lacking.

• 2 weeks later...
That's what I mean. Why would the cGPA change with the removal of the prerequisite GPA?

Because people who'd get in thanks to a really high pre-req GPA next to a mediocre cumulative won't have that advantage anymore. So I wonder how it would change the stats of the admitted pool now. Will the cGPA of the admitted students drop? Or, on the contrary, rise because the low cGPA/high pGPA students will have less luck now?

Archived