Premed 101 Forums

Marriage and kids while being a doctor

truffle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys, please tell me to snap out of this elementary school-esque crush i've recently developed.

there's this really cute guy who works at Esprit. he's about 6' to 6'2" (i'm bad at estimating height). trim model-esque physique, clean-cut broad shoulders. has a neat but not dorky or greasy pony tail. brunette or reddish brunette. has some styled facial hair. hipster fashion sense, which i appreciate (i.e. he looks like he walked off Urban Outfitters' ads, but neater and everything's more clean-cut). AND he's got a Brit accent *swoons*. oh but he has a tattoo on the inside of his left forearm, which i think is questionable.

i ran into him twice now, and the second time he flirted with me. and he walked twice to where i was browsing around, to straighten out very minor things. my response to him was lame because i had just come from classes and looked gross. he was wearing a fitted Western button-down shirt with sleeves rolled up, and a leather cuff and maybe some other accessories.

okay, this is when you tell me that he does this to all the customers, and that he's probably gay.

yeah i have no life. and i'm normally very observant. i remember things like what my friends wear, and on which days they had big zits on their face, on which wrist they wear their watches, when they get soft in the mid-section, and such things.

Also, this is a really bizarre thread.

but but he carries himself in a very straight manner. my gaydar is pretty good usually. and, his ponytail is very short and he has facial hair.

if your facial features are masculine enough, you theoretically could wear a ponytail without having to be gay or homeless (like russel crowe). some examples (i wish i had better ones but i can't think of any more than this):

xin_e17168e8b30c43f8a512c1e1cf2ccfb5_1.jpg

imagine Gabriel Aubrey with a ponytail (he's married to Halle Berry):

gabrielau_leste_14983619_600.jpg

i think his eyes are scary-looking.

Also, this is a really bizarre thread.

would you automatically assume someone's gay if they wore fitted jeans/pants and indie shirts/cardigans? (i'm not talking about jeans/pants that are super tight on the crotch/butt, which no man should wear for health reasons). i'm asking because i like that kind of style on men and know a few straight guys who wear tighter pants, and if people equate that with having non-straight tendencies, i'll avoid talking about it in public. i don't want to raise people's eyebrows. (and i bet my parents equate tighter pants with being not straight).

here're some examples:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&startValue=1&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=14690549&parentid=M_APP_JEANS_SKINNY&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=33&navAction=poppushpushpush&color=&pushId=M_APP_JEANS_SKINNY&popId=M_APP_JEANS&prepushId=MENS_APPAREL

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=15727084&parentid=M_APP_BUTTONDOWNSHIRTS&sortProperties=&navCount=21&navAction=poppushpush&color=30

[edit] oh and the Esprit guy asked for my autograph when i was paying with my credit card. if any other sales person asked me that, i'd think they are cheesy, but he said it in this cute earnest British accent. :) :)

would you automatically assume someone's gay if they wore fitted jeans/pants and indie shirts/cardigans?

Not unless his fitted jeans/pants were around his ankles and he was sodomizing or being sodomized by another man, no.

Also, that guy in the picture, that's a pretty weak ponytail. Can hardly even call it a ponytail. More of a hair nipple, really.

Not unless his fitted jeans/pants were around his ankles and he was sodomizing or being sodomized by another man, no.

Also, that guy in the picture, that's a pretty weak ponytail. Can hardly even call it a ponytail. More of a hair nipple, really.

uhm, that's david beckham.

the Esprit guy's ponytail is even weaker than Beckham's.

yeah crushes are bad, like drugs.

i hope i don't waste all my study time on stalking the Esprit guy and spend all my money at Esprit.

and there's this:

post_image-80515Y1_CROWE_R_B-GR_08_leader.jpg

russell-crowe-112108-07223__oPt.jpg

he used to be so dreamy, back in his Gladiator days, or even when he did Cinderella Man. sighs...

btw i didn't write the "wtf" on the second pic. got it off the web.

Confession: I watch the news every night because there's bound to be a mountie on it. Mmmmm.

lol i never see any mounties when i watch the news.

i have crushes so often it's crazy. i get over most of them quickly too. i'll probably forget the Esprit guy at another time in my cycle. and i've had crushes on a wide assortment of people. profs, TAs, retail sales people, fireman/men, car mechanic, etc.

Archived