Premed 101 Forums

Elective - UofT

Hello everyone,

So I know that there is a special place on this forum about lodging, but the thread seems to be completely dead (last message in 2008...). So I'm trying here . I am starting an elective in Toronto at the Sick Kids at the beginning of April and am staying for 4 weeks in toronto. i wondered if anyone had tips or advices for finding a cheap and appropriate place for lodging. Any advices would be very much appreciated (please message me).

Thank you in advance

Gab

• 2 weeks later...

When I applied fo rmy U of T elective last year, they sent me a package with housing info in it...did you get that? Or maybe now it is online.

When I did my Sick Kids elective I stayed at a place called The Rose Room.

http://torontofurnishedaccommodation.com/

It is within easy walking distance, clean, and private. The internet connection they had was really frustrating, would drop out constantly or I would just not be able to connect...very frustrating when trying to work on carms apps. You can only do light cooking as there is no stove/element. But there is a microwave and fridge. Overall it was a decent place. Private bathroom.

I don`t know what it is you are doing at Sick Kids. But I did emerg. And just to let you know, you will have very few shifts (compared probably to what you may be used to). My family lives in the GTA and I opted to get a place downtown just to make my life a little easier. But had I known what my schedule was going to be like, I would have chosen to just commute if I had to do it again. Just an fyi in case you are in the same situation.

• 6 months later...

hi,

i am a 3rd year medical student at Dow University of Health Sciences Karachi, Pakistan.

I am interested in doing electives at Uoft In cardiology or oncology.Can any one please help me out with it. i

1.Can you guide me about the mode of electives? means is this an observership, teaching sessions or what? will we be taught any thing there? will we be allowed to perform any skills on patients like history taking or physical? please help me out with this...

2. At the time of electives, I'll be in my early fourth year. is this a suitable time for me to pursue this elective? In other words, will the information gained or provided be appropriate at my (early 4Th year) level. .

3. i am also planing to apply in cardilogy or oncolgy. is this a good choice for electives? in your views which fields are much better for electives at Toronto University?

will appreciate your response in this regard

Archived