Premed 101 Forums

Waterloo Interview Prep

rmorelan

Have you ever attended this event, rmorelan? If so, was it useful?

Name is rob :) I probably should have invented a more interesting user name for this forum

I have not but my premed buddies have and suggested it is good practise and quite informative. At waterloo you can also schedule one on one interview practise at the career centre afterwards.

Personally I am going to take everything I can get :)

• 2 weeks later...

I did a practice one-on-one medical school interview at the career centre at UW. You signed up through uwace, there was this short "course" thing online that you had to complete and then it let you sign up for a date. It was only marginally useful, but I guess it was better than nothing. The interviewer asked me what schools I had interviews for and then asked me several MMI and traditional questions. But we got super off topic and had more of a conversation less interview like. Some of my friends had a more structured one that was more useful so I guess it depends on who you get. Maybe an event specifically for this would be better, though I did sign up for the practice medical school interview not the practice interview.

Archived