Premed 101 Forums

February 1 Transcripts

Hi all, I'm currently not taking any classes this year and was wondering if anyone knows whether I need to submit another set of transcripts or not for Feb 1. From my understanding it seems you only need to submit transcripts for the Feb 1 deadline if you took fall courses. Many thanks!

Your reasoning makes sense in that your transcripts will not have changed in any way. However, I would still send them, as an admission panel could hypothetically state, "Applicant X says he/she stopped taking classes at this time, but what if he/she took classes at any University afterwards and didn't want to tell us? That's academic dishonesty." It's a reach, but it could happen. So I would err on the side of caution and spend the $10-15 to send an additional set of transcripts, as it may save your application.

Nevertheless, I'd give the UGME a direct phone call and ask, as they should be able to give you a quick yes or no.

Nevertheless, I'd give the UGME a direct phone call and ask, as they should be able to give you a quick yes or no.

If you do, please post what they said.

However, last year I only sent in the in-progress transcript on Feb 1. I didn't send my old transcripts (from my BA, etc), and they never said anything. I'm pretty positive you only need to send in transcripts if you're in school.

Also, I am somewhat technologically inept and was couldn't start a thread on the UofC thread site. So I was additionally wondering if new transcripts need to be sent to the UofC for the new semester... anyone? Thanks in advance!

You don't need to send anything for U of C.

And no, you don't have to release any transcripts if you are a U of A student.

Ok so I just phoned U of A Med admissions and they told me that I didn't need to send in my transcripts if I didn't take any Fall 2008 courses. They told me to the to do list in BearTracks should tell me if there is any documentation that I still need to send in. When I checked everything was completed for me. So make sure you check BearTracks to do list to make sure you completed everything. There was a message that said if you are taking winter 2009 courses you would be required to submit your transcripts so they know you are taking winter 2009 courses.

Archived