Premed 101 Forums

2009 Interview Weekend - Info & Questions

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Elaine,

I have an interview at 1:10pm. Since the lunch is at 12:20 and I have to be at my interview 45 minutes ahead of time, does that mean I'll be missing out on the lunch and all of those presentations?

Unfortunately, it sounds like you will be missing the lunch and presentations on the day of your interview. You are certainly welcome to come by for lunch at the very start, and pick up some food to eat on your way to your interview. Last interview weekend, there were lots of leftovers, which were moved to the interview waiting room. Thus, you could probably eat after your interview as well. As for the presentations - are you able to come the other day of the weekend? If not, there will still be lots of students around, so hopefully you will be able to gain a feel for our school.

Elaine

hi elaine!

Just wondering...the medtech account...that's only for current students not prospective right? I was trying to look at the curriculum and saw that we needed an access password

thanks!

MedTech is password protected. However, there is a public version of the calendar available. While you won't be able to see all the details of our classes (objectives, PowerPoint presentations, podcasts, etc.), you will still be able to see the titles of each class. I think the link is as follows:

https://meds.queensu.ca/courses/calendar/week.php

If you have any questions about our curriculum, please ask!

Elaine

MedTech is password protected. However, there is a public version of the calendar available. While you won't be able to see all the details of our classes (objectives, PowerPoint presentations, podcasts, etc.), you will still be able to see the titles of each class. I think the link is as follows:

https://meds.queensu.ca/courses/calendar/week.php

If you have any questions about our curriculum, please ask!

Elaine

are there research opportunities available? national and international wise?

are there research opportunities available? national and international wise?

Phase IID is a critical enquiry, which is a research project. It is typically completed after second year. I have heard of students completing projects internationally. There are a significant number of students who complete the project in provinces other than Ontario.

Below is a link that may answer some of your questions regarding this project:

http://meds.queensu.ca/undergraduate/current_students/curriculum/critical_enquiry

Elaine

I just started prepping for this interview on Sunday, and realized I'm not even 100% sure of the format!

I know it's a panel of 3, but is it open-file or closed file?!

Also, is it mainly personal questions or are there some ethical scenarios? (I'm from UBC and the MMI style is very different, so I'm just wondering if I should prepare for some of those types of questions or just concentrate on regular interview style)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I just started prepping for this interview on Sunday, and realized I'm not even 100% sure of the format!

I know it's a panel of 3, but is it open-file or closed file?!

Also, is it mainly personal questions or are there some ethical scenarios? (I'm from UBC and the MMI style is very different, so I'm just wondering if I should prepare for some of those types of questions or just concentrate on regular interview style)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

lol panel of two... open filed... but heavily standardized

Archived