Premed 101 Forums

which one to select?

Hello everyone,

I hope things re good with al the friends in the forum.. as always I need your advice

I have to pick couple of medicine and surgery subspecialty next year as the part of my mandatory selective.. Although they are going to be after Carms, they might be brought up at the interview. so I was wondering if you could rank them based on the level of radiology exposure:

Surgery:

•Peds general surgery ( GS)

•Peds ortho surgery

• adult Ortho

•neurosurgery

•thoracic surgery

Medicine:

ICU

Resp

Hey

I have not been asked at all about even my precarms elective selection, let alone my post-carms selectives. So my gutt feeling is it doesn`t really matter. And I would choose which ever of those options you find most interesting. (it is only 2 weeks each after all)

Neurosurg and ortho are heavy on imaging. But you will get exposure to imaging in all listed.

The most important thing to do...is remember to submit your selection on time. I did not...and so ended up with like my 5th or 6th choices :P

I agree with Satsuma: pick whatever you are most interested in or what to learn the most. Imaging will be integral to all listed, but still very different kinds of images. Or look at how you want to correlate the images with the clinical exposure. If you want to learn about CT-chests, do a resp elective. MSK, do ortho. Etc. etc.

Archived