Premed 101 Forums

Alternative career choices?

ballad

Hi,

I was just wondering what people's opinions are on how to answer this question - personally, medicine is certainly my top choice and something that I am very passionate about. However, I could also see myself exploring careers in PT/naturopathic medicine, if medicine doesn't work out. What are the general perspectives of the interviewERs regarding this question? Do they want to see how dedicated/passionate you are about pursuing a career in medicine, or do they want to see if you have indeed considered other career options, and if you would be be adaptable/willing to try something different?

Hi Ballad

the way you answered it sounded great! You were honest, showed passion towards your 1st choice (medicine), but also showed that you have a 2nd option. It shows you have considered other options realistically. I would say exactly what you did!

fyi...i apologize for the insane amount of msgs on the forum. Its reading week and im sooo bored lol

ballad, even though I really like your answer....I think the interviewers would ask this question to get a feel for what your passions are outside of medicine. Essentially, to understand you better as a person. I would use this kind of question to my advantage by talking about my unique qualities instead of playing it safe.

Archived