Premed 101 Forums

You can be an ND without attending classes!!!

monkey799

apparently there are lots of ND schools, both in Canada and US where you can get your ND degree by doing online distance education.

simply google it

one from Canada is below:

http://www.alternativemedicinecollege.com/distance_learning/levels/naturopathic-doctor.html

Naturopathic Doctor, Distance Learning Level #1011 - Formation à distance

In addition to training as a Health Technician, the Practitioner receives complete and specialized training in Naturopathy. Extensive knowledge of these types of alternative medicine allows him or her to perform in-depth treatments of chronic illnesses and functional problems. The Health Practitioner can work as a practitioner at home, in a private practice or in a health centre. He or she can teach alternative medicine, give seminars (or produce public interest television and radio programs) for schools or associations, write articles, act as a tutor in a school, manage a health centre or shop, etc. This training can be completed with a Doctorate Level 1 Degree to become a Naturopathic Doctor.

tuition 2700.00 $CDN

Student Testimonial

"Thank you so very much. I have learned more than I had ever imagined and am very excited to continue my growth as a person and as a therapist. I am so grateful to you and the AMCC for guiding me through the beginning of my journey!"

Suzanne Alter

Quebec

"Thank you very much for your review. It is greatly appreciated. After all these years, I have finally found something that I am truly passionate about. I am looking forward to starting my BloodConnect business again there and helping people to get and stay well. Thanks again. I am very, very happy."

Janet Woods

Ontario

"I am going to miss my studies but I am looking forward to move ahead with my business. Thank you!"

Janet Woods

Ontario

---

welcome to the new world of primary care in Canada

I understand everyone is frustrated at the situation, that does not mean you should be spreading around false information like it is the truth.

If you look at the links here:

http://www.naturopathic.org/viewbulletin.php?id=29

http://www.cand.ca/index.php?40

http://www.cnme.org/links.html

You will find there are only 7 ND schools that are accredited, those include the two in Canada. Only then does that allow you to write the NPLEX which is the licensing exam that all "Naturopathic Medical Doctors" need to take.

Those other schools are just fluff, like the fluff MD schools you can buy an education online for.If you look at the links here:

http://www.naturopathic.org/viewbulletin.php?id=29

http://www.cand.ca/index.php?40

http://www.cnme.org/links.html

You will find there are only 7 ND schools that are accredited, those include the two in Canada. Only then does that allow you to write the NPLEX which is the licensing exam that all Naturopathic Doctors need to take.

The schools you posted above are just like the schools you can do online to earn an MD.

finding facts and using evidence to find and back up our truthful information, isn't that why people become MDs?

Fair enough, but said "accredited" schools are essentially self-accredited - we have little idea what kind of standards they adhere to and the fact remains that they do NOT receive remotely equivalent training. No clerkship, no residency, courses in "emergency medicine" which are First Aid courses... it goes on.

Fair enough, but said "accredited" schools are essentially self-accredited - we have little idea what kind of standards they adhere to and the fact remains that they do NOT receive remotely equivalent training. No clerkship, no residency, courses in "emergency medicine" which are First Aid courses... it goes on.

I agree...but aren't medical schools technically self-accredited as well? Both ND and MD schools require accreditation from some sort of ND or MD education council. Which is self-regulated no?

Although I will easily say that MD schools are much more strict when it comes to accreditation standards. If NDs want to prove they receive similar education to MDs, then they should be willing to write the same type of exams to prove their point, and MDs should allow them to try.

There's rather a big difference between an accreditator which covers 6 or 7 schools and one which covers every medical school in the US and Canada. Dal is in the midst of accreditation renewal, and this involves a multitude of inspections, meetings, and reports - very involved and detailed (and, yes, schools can and do lose accreditation, though I won't mention any names).

I agree...but aren't medical schools technically self-accredited as well? Both ND and MD schools require accreditation from some sort of ND or MD education council. Which is self-regulated no?

Although I will easily say that MD schools are much more strict when it comes to accreditation standards. If NDs want to prove they receive similar education to MDs, then they should be willing to write the same type of exams to prove their point, and MDs should allow them to try.

Yeah but MD schools have that whole "scientific community" thing that goes along with them.

Ideally, if this goes through they would be treated as IMG's. Write the LMCC's and CCFP's + assess training and require x years of additional residency training if required (I think that's how the IMG's are done, someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Even if they passed LMCC + CCFP exams, it still doesn't necessarily prove they are capable. Those exams can only test so much.

Oh, I don't know, lack of residency much less clerkship training? OSCEs?

If NDs want to practice medicine, they should go to medical school. There's a point where expansion of the scope of practice of anyone based on short-sighted cost-saving measures or likely corrupt lobbying must be STOPPED. Allowing a bunch of acupuncturists and homeopaths (will their prescriptions be given at 1/1000 dilution?) to pretend to be medical doctors is laughable and ridiculous, regardless of whatever veneer of accreditation they've come up with or the number of videos they've produced showing a bunch of NDs running around in white lab coats. What are the admissions standards for these schools?

the NDs shoudl start trying to get the power to do angiograms and scopes. THAT WOULD BE STOPPED PRETTY QUICK!

bottom line is that FP is now marginalized to the point of being seen by the politicians and public as EQUAL TO NATUROPATHS!

THIS RETARDED IDEA SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN LEFT THE ROOM IT WAS SPAWNED IN! the public WILL suffer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived