Premed 101 Forums

"Tell me about yourself"

Hi guys,

just wanted to know what most people think about answering the "tell me about yourslef" question?

- would you only give a short (2-3mins) explanation of your personality traits, or really talk about your life/background while incorporating your most relevant characteristics?!

- would you go ahead and tell them your hobbies, or wait till they ask you?

- would you talk about family, siblings?

- would you talk about why you chose dentistry, or wait till they ask you?

• 3 weeks later...

If you're applying to Canadian schools, you won't be asked those sort of questions in the interview. Your interview grades are only based on yuor answers to the 6 "situation questions" they ask. But, I've heard that for Americans schools, they will ask you personal questions where you should explain your hobbies, reasons why you want to be a dentist, etc... I think what you outlined below is sufficient, but maybe also include what activities or interests you have that will help you become an outstanding dentist.

If you're applying to Canadian schools, you won't be asked those sort of questions in the interview. Your interview grades are only based on yuor answers to the 6 "situation questions" they ask. But, I've heard that for Americans schools, they will ask you personal questions where you should explain your hobbies, reasons why you want to be a dentist, etc... I think what you outlined below is sufficient, but maybe also include what activities or interests you have that will help you become an outstanding dentist.

i believe it's 7 questions

I applied to McGill and they did ask this question! the "ice breaker" concept really helped...I did feel like they don't really care about specifics of the answer and just want to know how you handle the question. thnx for your input guys.

Archived