Premed 101 Forums

Does it matter what your Master's was in?

Some schools review grad students differently and I have noticed a large majority of grad students who apply are in MSc programs (not surprisngly of course). Does it hurt you if your Masters was not in Science? I ask as I received my Masters in Business and wondering if that will not be looked upon as favourably. If anyone has any insight....great

Sv3

Some schools review grad students differently and I have noticed a large majority of grad students who apply are in MSc programs (not surprisngly of course). Does it hurt you if your Masters was not in Science? I ask as I received my Masters in Business and wondering if that will not be looked upon as favourably. If anyone has any insight....great

Sv3

Interesting! I don't think it can hurt you, but it may not help you are much as a science based one might. For those schools with a straight GPA boost with a grad program it would help for sure.

Did you (can you?) do research during your masters? Obviously that can help.

Still a masters in anything is an achievement, and indication of ability. For that alone it should be helpful.

but at least it was in Ivey's new healthcare stream. 50% of the courses were science related (Drug Development, financing young biotechs, healthcare systems, etc) and I'm hoping whomever looks over the applications sees that. Also hoping it makes me stand out.......whether its in a good or bad way I won't know. A $50,000 eye-catcher......who'd have thunk it!

Sv

Archived