Premed 101 Forums

Interviewed Yet?

It seems by your posts so far that you are looking to get some quick, easy answers. Why don't you try searching? Not only that, why don't you try doing some research for youself. And above all, Contach is right, we are not allowed to release the CDA questions to civilians. And besides, you are missing the entire point of the interview. Memorizing and reciting a bunch of CDA questions off by heart will not help you in the interview when you are never going to be asked the same question, nonetheless, it defeats the point of trying to get to know someones personality if they just recite canned answers.

Something else that may be of interest.

http://www.jdentaled.org/cgi/content/full/68/6/598

Enjoy.

"The original CDA interview (1980) used in this study, although based on techniques available at the time, was developed prior to advances in interviewing technology. The Canadian Dental Association has now developed a new interview protocol using behavioral-based and situational questions that were derived from a job analysis involving critical incidents related to dental practice. The interview questions assess seven competencies that had previously been linked to dental success: self-control, sensitivity to others, tact and diplomacy, oral communication, integrity, judgment and analysis, and conscientiousness.53 The new interview is now being used as part of the selection process. Future research will be required to determine if the new interview improves admission decisions."

poor research...

Cunningham has written a few articles that are cited a fair bit.

If you go here http://www.jdentaled.org/cgi/content/abstract/68/6/598

and look at the articles that cite it (at the bottom for those of you with no clue about research) you can get a decent amount of reading. If you are currently a student at University you should be able to access this and download.

Contach, I couldn't find that article. Is it a fed gov't document, or CDA?

I still believe that trying to figure out the trick to interviewing is a joke. I don't mean people shouldn't do their research and understand what the interviewers are looking for. I mean you should learn a process for answering interview questions, there are plenty of valuable recommendations on this forum if you need help with that.

It's nice to see I got the ball rolling!:) The article I posted just so happened to have popped up during my search. I didn't actually read the whole thing but judging by the title I thought it might of interest to some. I definitely agree that there's not going to be any interview secrets in any of these articles so needless to say they shouldn't be a substitute for other important forms of interview prep such as going over possible questions/answers, mock interviews, etc.

Anyway, back to being of help. Contach, by any chance did you find out which Journal that article is from?

Anyway, back to being of help. Contach, by any chance did you find out which Journal that article is from?

I think that is the problem, it is not published in any journal, otherwise it would be cited in the reference. It seems like a special report for the CDA or something..

Maybe it has now become a private file, but I'm pretty sure that if you contact a PI with a query about where to find a citation: they must be able to present it to you, or atleast tell you how to get ahold of it...

Maybe it has now become a private file, but I'm pretty sure that if you contact a PI with a query about where to find a citation: they must be able to present it to you, or atleast tell you how to get ahold of it...

Standard practice in academia is to email (used to be snail mail, then it was fax) your article to people asking for it, if it was published. A lot of times a PI will also send along a hard to get article that they referenced, if you ask nicely. Normally they just have one of their poor sad grad students do it.

It won't change the fact that I quoted what you originally asked for...

atleast apologize or admit your mistake upfront... sincerity is a quality they are looking for after all..

Deleted by author was recognizing that the original post was a mistake and I didnt know the rules. As soon as you pointed it out I deleted it immediately.

Obviously it wasnt an attempt to hide the original thread, any idiot would realize its right below in your post.

Instead of breaking out the crucifixes relax a bit. I asked a simple question, was told it was against the rules, and then deleted it. My mistake, we can all move on.

Guys if you want more info on these papers contact me. I'm not allowed to say why because that's "advertising" so pm me and we'll go from there.

I'm guessing this is in regards to the Top Star Interview book you published?

Yeah that book has most of the research in there for anyone who is time conscious...

Archived