Premed 101 Forums

Calling on Grad/Mature Applicants.....

Hi,

I graduated with a Master's 4 years ago and am worried about the ABS. Specifically, tracking down verifiers for every activity that I completed in university 4-9 years ago will prove difficult (except for the really big things and employment). Does anyone out there have any experience tackling this and do you think the admissions committees understands if some verifiers are missing? Or is it better not to put anything on that you can't verify so you don't look like your lying?

Trying to figure out the best way to go about this before I just start hunting down people from my past or making cold calls. Any insight is appreciated.

thanks

sv

For my high school activities (10 years ago), I used two verifiers, a lady in my community for the community-based ones, and a teacher I've kept in contact with for the school-related ones. They were not the supervisors, etc., for each activity but were for at least one and were aware that I did the other stuff. Doing this didn't seem to hurt me. For undergrad, I used a couple more people, same idea. I didn't have a separate verifier for each thing. It didn't seem to hurt my application.

I was also in this situation - graduating high school 10+ years ago. I was quite difficult to remember what I have been doing, never mind who supervised the activity. I am also still connected to one of my high school teachers who was involved in many of my activities (athletics and clubs). For those she was not directly involved with - I have a year book with photos of me in those activities - this was enough for her to feel she could verify as accurate. Some still I could not verify. In those few activities, my called my peers - and in all but 1 thing - I was able to find a verifier (so I left that one out).

Who knew back then, we'd be here. I would have taken better notes!

Archived